I see your point exactly Jason and it is a very good one. I don't know what issue could be in the long term and you bring up very good possible issues that could be run into. The hormone reasons are exactly why I leave ketosis occasionally to refuel. Tim Ferris wrote a nice point about how keto eventually lowers selenium stores. Hopefully the multivitamins and minerals will keep some of the issues at bay.
For the most part I prefer it because it is way simplier. I don't do well with sugar at all. I have some truly epic horror stories and even fruit sugar is funny to me. (A couple grapes quickly turning into a bag and several plumbs LOL). I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens but it is better for it to happen later than let sugar run my life now as it has in the past.