I was hoping for a recommendation from you!
I've messed around at Revolution in Thornhill and Ultimate Martial Arts in Scarborugh.
Had a free 30 day pass to Xtreme Couture in Etobicoke but didn't have the chance to take a class there.
It did look like high level grappling though. TorontoBJJ is reguarly mentioned as being a top club as well.
I've heard of the Grappling club running out of Goodlife fitness. Is that where your BB friend is?
I like grappling in theory, and the best part for me was the intensity of the fight.
I never fought growing up, and it always scared me. But in the controlled environment,
it was enjoyable, though I I'm not sure I'd join another club. I might be
willing to check one out though, lol.
I mostly was led into gymnastics as an alternative to martial arts club in fact. I take a small adult Gymnastics class at
Discovery Gymnastics in North York. There is a much bigger adult class at the East York Gymnastics club, but the hours for that didn't work so well for me. The only downside to gymnastics compared to grappling for me is that it's a solitary activity.
It's also different type of intensity of course.