Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Perth / Fremantle Circus School for Training

newguy5000

I just wanted to post this here for anyone from Perth who was looking for places to train or coaching. I pretty much just train in a park down the road from my house doing handstands and L sits and annoy school children who can't use the swings because i have my rings hanging off them.

Not like i look cool either, my best is a 2 second freestanding Handstand at the moment :)

Anyway, after looking for ages and only finding gymnastic venues that only cater to kids i stumbled across a place down the road called the W.A Circus School which is located in Fremantle. They offer a range of classes including acrobatics and Aeiral stuff. The acrobatics class looks like it has a lot of cool handbalancing stuff going on.

I also found out that you can pay $35 a month and use the venue for your own training as well. Which is is massively cheap. I am checking out the digs next week and will add to the post about how the space and venue seem for any interested locals.

On a side note. In the park today i held a 2 sec freestanding HS and was really happy. These 3 old italian retirees were sitting on a bench watching me train when one of the old dudes limps over with a walking cane and started talking to me. Then he pops up and holds a 10 sec or so HS. I was like wtf? can everyone on the planet hold a HS except me? pretty cool old dude.

Hey Newguy5000!

Your post made me laugh! I have done exactly the same thing with my rings on swings before, too. Suck it up, kiddies, this is IMPORTANT WORK going on! (Actually, I usually try to hang the rings BETWEEN the swings so that they can still swing, but if they start swinging, I can't do my stuff...).

Sadly, I'm in Tasmania, but that $35 a month plan sounds great. Are you going to the GB seminars in Melbourne?