This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vince's Workout Log

Started by Vincent Stoyas, August 30, 2011 · 64 Replies · 4,106 Views

Vincent Stoyas

Completed 2 Rounds

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 HeSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 Negative HSPU 5 Box HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

20 Parallel Bar Swings

Finished with 1x10 Wrist Push Ups

2x5 Body levers

1x40 Mason Twist

1x5 start in standing pike and walk hands out. Whatever that's called.

Meant to do 1x10 Wall Bridge Walks, but forgot =/

Started to feel a little in my shoulder, so I cut out the last 2 CWW and only did 10 PB swings.

It was the first time I did PB swings, very fun and challenging. I would advise, as did Tansta, to scale to just the swings. I thought maybe i would do 10 PB dips after the swings, but the swings work those muscles as it is. Push ups won't bring about the same effect.

Felt good today, first time I've done HeSPUs too since I've been injured. Not bad, but not good either, but I'm content. Maybe by the end of the month I'll be hitting the WODs full scale again.

Vincent Stoyas

Finished 2 sets of

Embedded GH + 1 Assisted Left Hand Chin up + 3 Tempo Chins. Following set, I used assisted Right hand Chin up

Adv Frog stand + 5 tempo HeSPU. Following round did 3 negative HSPU + 2 HeSPU

1 Embedded Tuck FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finished with 5 HLL, 30 Mason twists, 5 PB Leg lifts (started in tuck and extended my legs out)

Forgot to do BWW =/. I think I'm about to do some stretching in a moment, so I'll include it there.

Finally figured out how I was doing pull ups wrong. I kept my body too loose, I simply wasn't keeping my shoulders pulled in tightly to me.

I've done this stretching routine,

, a few times and I feel like I'm getting good results with it. Anyone else use AIS stretching?
Vincent Stoyas

I'm going to start incorporating some Press HeS work in my warm up, I really need to focus on that a bit more, I really want to get a solid HS.

Dynamic warm up

Pre req FSP Warm Up

Slight static stretching

WOD 120911

2x5 CWW and 1x20 PB Support Swings

2x5 Pike Press HeS

1x10 Straddle Press HeS, I simply forgot to the second set =/

HSPU Ladder 1 Round

Box Press HS

HeSPU negative

HeSPU

HeSPU elevated 2 inches or so

HSPU negative

Finished with 25 HS Wall Runs. I only stopped because I fell out of the HS =/

and also 1x10 Wrist Push ups

Today felt extremely good. I've done this workout twice before and today felt extremely solid. The extra HS work that I do almost everyday is totally paying off. Last workout when I finished the 1st round I was famished, today, I felt like I should've gone at least another time, maybe even two without much trouble. Still trying not to overwork myself though, taking it slow.

Excellent day though!

Vincent Stoyas

Kicked up into a handstand today, held for a minute, relatively easily. Didn't feel like much effort until the last 10 seconds and even that was minimal. Nice to know I could hold it for that long.

Spent a couple minutes in a straddle HeS and did 2x5 HeS RLL. I would like to spend a few minutes every night inverted, makes me feel good, haha.

Oh, I also found out today that I can pull into a tuck FL from a dead hang. Pretty awesome!

Vincent Stoyas

Mobility Drills

FSP Warm Up

Ido's Squat Clinic, 1 round

WOD 2 rounds

5 Box jumps (3 and 1/2 feet for all)

12 50lb weighted Deck Squats. The weight was too awkward to hold, switched down to 15 lb weights and focused on height.

5 Box jumps

8 SLS. GHR is outside and it's raining.

5 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps (3 and 1/2 feet)

10 Half V Sit ups

25 10lb weighted mason twists

25 Hollow Rocks

Finished with 2x30s Weighted Pike Stretch.

First time I've actually done a leg workout, never done depth jumps or box jumps before. 3 and a half feet was intimidating for me at first, but it really wasn't too bad. I would like to raise that to 4 feet in the future, but I'll keep it where it's at for the next month or so. I have a bad knee already, so no need to rush.

I also cut to two rounds because i have to stand around for 8 hours tomorrow at work and I just don't want to struggle all day. I have a very hard time standing for that period of time without feeling sore.

Vincent Stoyas

Woke up late today. I decided to go ahead and start working on building my own pull ups bar station, I'm oing to like it to this one here, http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ ... 00x533.jpg.

I'm gonna try to use 13 feet pieces of wood I have around the house, but I haven't inspected them yet. If they're bad, I will buy the 16 foot pieces of wood. The guy who made that used 4 foot holes, but only ramped it, I think I may get by with 3 foot holes filled with cement. Maybe? Tomorrow I hope to have both posts dug.

I spent an hour moving and digging one post today and then ran out of time.

Did some quick upper body dynamic stretches and jumped into the wod.

15 sec German hang + tuck FL rows

15 sec l sit low + 10 sec adv frog stand + 5 Bulgarian push ups

15 sec tuck FL + 5 negative body levers

only finished one round and then I had to leave for work. Won't be home tonight to finish either :/

Vincent Stoyas

12/30/11

Tried a 2 a day workout, not sure if I'll stick with it, but i'd like to give it a month or so and see if my body is capable of such a thing.

10:30 Am

Warm Up:

Jump rope 5 minutes

Dynamic Stretching

10 jump squats, 15 push ups, 20 lunges

Ido's Scapula Routine

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Workout:

L sit - 2x6s

FL tuck - 2x8s

Adv Frog Stand 2x8s

2x5 Bulgarian Push ups

2x5 Feet parallel to ground rows

5:00 pm

5 minutes Jump rope

Dynamic Stretching

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

2x60s Prereq FSPs

3x8 Ring Push ups

3x8 Feet slightly less than parallel to grand Rows.

The Prereqs were much tougher than normal after having the morning workout. Perhaps I'll scale it down to 1x5 Strength sessions until my body is more capable. We'll see. Felt good having a little bit of hypertrophy though, haven't had that feeling in a long time. 2 a days are fun.

Vincent Stoyas

I really want to try to do 2 a day workout, at least once a week, but I know I shouldn't. I want to do another SSC and then go back to the WODs. I'd really like to focus on getting my pulling strength up to par, I'll try to focus on that. I need to get in the habit of GTG, it's difficult for me to remember, but I'll get there eventually. I want to GTG SLS and Pull Ups.

Anyways, I started up my SSC, just follow Killroy template

Monday:

Ballistic Stretching

Pre Req Warm Up - 2x60s

5x5 Bulgarian Push Ups

5x5 FL Rows

5x5 half v sit ups

Today:

Ballistic Stretching

Pre Req Warm Up - 2x60s

Ido's Scap Routine

5x5 Ring Dips, 5x4 on the last set. I could've squeezed it out, but I didn't want to hit failure that hard.

5x5 Body Curls. Feels slightly challenging, not so much though. I'll wait it out anyways and progress in 3 weeks.

Vincent Stoyas

1/19/12

Ballistic Stretching

Ido Portal Squat Clinic

20 lunges 15 deep squats

Not sure what it's called, Start in a glute bridge with feet inside of rings and then push out to extended legs. Hamstring curl?

3x5 Slow Hamstring curls.

2x5 SLS.

3xRLL.

1x1 SLS - Full range of motion

Notes

I need to figure out how to properly do a GHR and find a consistent spot for it.

Hamstring Curls are getting easy. I want to continue doing these until I hit 3 sets of 20 though.

SLS are feeling easier. Balance is slowly coming, only going to parallel right now. I decided to try to get in a couple full ROM squats in, but I could only manage one.

Lastly and most excitingly, I found out how a great progression towards a HS RLL. I simply put a book and yoga mat underneath my head. That added bout 2 inches or more and man did that increase the difficulty. I went from 3x8 RLL easy with 10lbs and now i'm doing 3x5 without weights and it's much more of a challenge! Glad I accidentally figured that out.

Vincent Stoyas

Haven't posted in quite a while. I haven't been consistent either with working out, I've basically been doing random exercises that I've felt like throughout the day.

I thought maybe I'll learn basic tumbling drills which are definitely proving to be challenging right off the bat. Time to stare at videos to learn the technique, I feel like I easily have more than enough strength for the basic floor skills.

Anyways, here's to hopefully a more consistent workout schedule from here on out.

3/22/12

5 minutes of jumping rope

Dynamic stretching

Wrist routine

FSP Prerequisites

10 Cartwheels each side (horrible form, I'm still trying to figure it out)

5 forward rolls

5 backwards rolls (difficult to learn to push up with hands and not over the side of my head)

5 forward straddle rolls (this one is most fun, also difficult to use hands to push up though)

8 cast wall walks up - 10 second handstand hold at the top - forward roll out of handstand

Wrist/Elbow Novel Movements

1x10 Diamond Push Ups

3x5 Tempo Diamond Push Ups

2x5 PL Lean Push Ups (started to feel pain in my elbow at this point, so I stopped the FBEs.

5 more cartwheels

Finished with 60s aggregate L sit low

Vincent Stoyas

5 minuts of handstands

AIS stretching.

Vincent Stoyas

11 AM - I attempted to do a strength set of pull ups in the morning because I wouldn't have access to a pull up bar later on in the day.

Did upper body warm up

3x5 pull ups - alternate between pull ups and chin ups

I got distracted at work and forgot to do the last two sets haha.

I tried to GTG a bit more and probably did around 4 more sets through the next 4 hours.

5:30pm

5 minutes Jump Rope

FSP Prerequisites

Dynamic Warm up

1 Hill Sprint

Probably somewhere around 20 cartwheels left side and 10 cartwheels right side.

12 forward rolls

15 backwards roll to candle stick with work on pushing up with hands

5 straddle forward rolls

5 Cast Wall Walks. Held 20 second HS at the top of each

Hill Sprints

5x10m (15 second rest)

4x20m (30 second rest)

3x30m (1 minute rest)

1x100m

Short passive stretching routine

Vincent Stoyas

Wanted to do some yoga tonight, but ended up changing my fuel pump and tension idler pulley...

Hopefully car is fixed now. *Crosses fingers*

Vincent Stoyas

Horrible luck from me.

Had to work on my car from the 26-31st. Car was leaking water, but thankfully the heads weren't cracked. I replaced the water pump (because I can with a lifetime warranty) and then grinded down the timing cover and replaced the timing chain too. Thankfully that solved my water leak.

Didn't have time to work out on the 1st or 2nd so did some light stretching.

Yesterday, like a big dumby, I bent over to pick up my nephew's toys in the dark and ended up bonking my forehead hard onto the rocking chair. Lots of blood. Head hurts today, i'll look back into working out in a few days.

Vincent Stoyas

I decided to take a round of the program Insanity, or at least for a month or so.

You can laugh at it or whatever and that's fine haha. I remember last year I was rock climbing every other day and I did the program of Insanity maybe a few times a week and that got me massively strong. Lower body anyways. After dabbling around on the program for 3-4 weeks, 3-4 times a week I decided to test how far I could ride my bike (I hadn't ridden it in over a year). So my friend and I got our mountain bikes (not road bikes) and biked from riverside down the santa ana river and all the way to the base of Big Bear. My little dabbling made me capable of riding for around 70 miles!! It wasn't easy mind you, but that was quite the victory in my book, especially after not touching a bike for over a year.

Besides, I figure, I could afford to drop some pounds. I'd like to drop from 195-to 185 maybe 180. It'll help gymnastics to be a bit lighter too.

I think I'm going to be trying two a days with the program. for the first week or two I'm going to do 3x3(maybe 3x5) in the morning and insanity at 5pm or later. I plan to cut out most of the upperbody moves in Insanity. I would like to do 3x5 of XR bulgarian/regular push ups, Pull ups, and dips and HS holds for time. My elbow bothers me too much to do HeSPUs. The split should be something like, monday - push ups. tuesday - pull ups. thursday - Dips friday - HS, but once I feel able I'll spread HS throughout the week.

Started insanity on thursday, today will be the first form of strength training added on top of it.

Oh, I haven't found a spot for XRs to be hung...so I will actually be doing 3x5 of PPPushups today.

Vincent Stoyas

Completed 4 rounds of:

15' senders (parellette, parallette, 3'2 garbage can, 4 foot long object)

12 squat jumps

15' senders

8 (first two rounds cleans and next two with deadlift.)

15' senders

4 depth jumps (3 feet)

**NOTES**

- First time ever doing senders, rebounding over the garbage can was extremely difficult until the last 5 times through it. I was having a hard time rebounding over before and would have a slight bend before and then a quick shuffle of feet after. Later through the workout, I got used to the motions and rebounded nicely over them.

- I'm not strong enough for Deck SLS jumps, so the first round I just did deck squat jumps, but those were too easy so instead I just did pure squat jumps. Was that a good substituting or should I have stuck with Deck Squat Jumps in order for the most amount of explosiveness possible?

- GHR I have nothing, but problems with. Hopefully someone is actually reading this and can send some help my way. I don't know if it's just because I do them with my feet under a car or not, but when I start leaning forward when I get to a certain point my knee cap moves. It shifts and then it hurts too much to keep going further. I have tried doing a harop curl or a NLC with the forward bend and head to the ground, but I am just not feeling that much in my legs at all. I figured a deadlift is as close as I could get to it.

- Depth jumps is still relatively new to me. I should jump off something higher, but I won't. I will keep this height for quite a while until I'm just beaming with confidence about it.

Vincent Stoyas

Hopefully I'll dedicate more time to actually filling this log out. I mean, it's not hard to copy and paste what I did from the WOD forum to here or anything...haha.

9:30 am

Ballistic stretching

10 minutes of various exercises for warm up

Walked up 50 foot hill once

4 Hill Sprints

1 Hill Sprint with 33lbs on back.

I need a little something more for weight loss. I know you will all say, get your diet in line yadda yadda. I'm living with my brother and sister in law right now and they have 3 kids and all their money for food essentially comes from food stamps/WIC so I eat the best I can with what is available. I'm maintaining myself well right now, but I would like to drop another 5-10 lbs and maybe this will work. I don't have my bike, that's back in California and I can't run because I have a knee injury. I could jump rope maybe as an alternative to Hill Sprints, but for now I think I like this.

Rik de Kort

You can't run because of a knee injury, but you can do hill sprints? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

Vincent Stoyas
Rik de Kort said:
You can't run because of a knee injury, but you can do hill sprints? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

The knee injury is very weird, indeed. I used to play collegic tennis, 5 hours or more on the court and on top of that i would run 6+ miles most everyday. While running one day it felt liked 3 needs were pushed into my knee, one directly into the acl and two on the sides.

I couldn't walk up/down stairs for 6 months. a year and half later after some conditioning and such, I got back onto the courts. I can handle lateral motion very well, but running straight forward doesn't work well. I kept playing tennis and I thought maybe I could run since I could play tennis, but the run was very painful. That was the first weird thing, I can play tennis, but I can't run.

I can also do all lunges and squats with no pain or discomfort.

I just found out that I can do hill sprints. I have a sand hill behind my house, approximately 50 feet long. It's quite steep, so I assume that because of the steepness and because it's composed of sand that I can sprint up it. Perhaps you can speculate something that I can't.

Also, I was reading that hill sprints force running form to be more correct. There is 0 heel strike in the hill sprint so maybe that plays its part too. Ehh.

Vincent Stoyas

Adding in 50% increase of time for Pre FSPs

Plank - 1:20, :50

Arch Hold - 1:00

Reverse plank - 1:00, :45

Hollow Hold - :45, :30, :20

Dead Hang - 1:00

PB Support - 1:00, :50

*Notes*

On friday I held the Arch Hold for 2 sets of 1:00, 5 deep breaths between the sets and I think that was too much. My lower back felt sore, so I didn't hold my legs as high and I didn't increase the time past one minute.

Everything else felt very good. Difficulty wasn't getting any easier just holding them for a minute, I figured it's time to increase the time.

3 minute rest

WOD

Completed 4 rounds of

2 CWW

3 XR Dips

2 CWW

5 PB Dips to L sit

2 CWW

7 XR Push Ups with turn out. I forget the name.

**NOTES**

Completed the first round and a half with CWW then I felt a sort of pinge in my right shoulder so I immediately backed off. Substituted instead 25 feet of plank walks forward and 25 feet backwards.

XR Dips started off good, but at the end of the third round I found it extremely difficult to get the turn out at the top.

PB Dips felt very good, L sit was brutal and the hold got worse and worse as I neared the end of each set.

XR Push ups I haven't done in such a long time, but still very fluid and nice. Third round and fourth round I struggled with the last rep of each set. Last rep was a big fight to get up and I did not get the turn out at the top of those push ups, otherwise very good.

Vincent Stoyas

Oh, also, today I got my shipment of Animal Pak came in. Anyone else use it or have an opinion on it? I'll be taking it at lunch every day. I would take it pre workout, but my workout times vary so much that I figure it's better to do it at the same time everyday.

The shipment also came with a single serving of Animal Rage? I think it's rage. I took 25 minutes pre workout, but I'm not sure if it helped or not. I didn't feel a surge of energy or focus, maybe I did, I don't know haha. My Pre FSPs did feel easier, maybe because I actually was more focused? I noticed probably a 10-15 second increase on all holds today. Deciding if it's worth spending the money on it. It wouldn't be bad, 44 servings for 20 something odd dollars. 4 times a week and that would be 11 weeks. 2 months for 20 bucks isn't bad at all, but I'm still hesitant.

Vincent Stoyas

Maybe that Rage packet did do something, I was so SORE yesterday that I didn't do the WOD. In fact, this morning, I did some dynamic stretching and I'm still pretty sore, but I endured.

9:30am

Slizzardman pull up routine - 3 pull ups each 30 seconds rest.

Vincent Stoyas

Horrible horrible injury.

Went outside barefoot in Arizona two days ago when it was 110 degrees out. Burned the crap out of my feet. Blisters everywhere.

Drained them and soaked them, but whatever happened they got infected. Now I need to see a doctor and get some antibiotics. Some of the blisters turned red, so I assume that means there's infection. Ugh...

Vincent Stoyas

Today, I had this big grand plan about doing tabata hill sprints.

One sprint usually takes about 10-12 seconds, so i figured I'd do two sprints for each "set. "

... Did the first set and I almost died. Rested 20 seconds and tried to push. Did half a sprint speed. Rested 2 minutes and ended up doing a fast walk. Same for the next round.

Mind you, this "fast" walk was pretty slow...

Reality had no humility today when kicking my butt. Hahahh.

Vincent Stoyas

After videoing myself and seeing so many faults, I will try to regularly record myself. I will also try to update this log much more frequently.

Here's the HS WOD I just finished yesterday. Critiques are always welcome. Just don't critique my body composition ;)

iVsQadK3u-c