This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vince's Workout Log

Started by Vincent Stoyas, August 30, 2011 · 64 Replies · 4,106 Views

Vincent Stoyas

Hi, everyone! Glad to be part of this great community! I've been been a lurker for about 3 months now and here's my first post.

I was attempting to jot down all the workouts I've done, but it got accidentally erased and I figure this would be the perfect spot to make my new log. After a few weeks of reading all the posts I decided to do a few of the WOD's here, but I felt like scaling them to the extent I was, just wasn't benefitting me much. So I followed the Killroy template for 8 weeks (somewhat less than that because I wasn't about to workout every single session). Anyways, I feel like my base of strength is much stronger after following that! I'll list the number here in order for a basis of comparison in around another two months.

FSPs - Frog Stand 12s -> 34s. L sit 10s -> 24s. Handstand 20s -> 60s (I'm about 3 inches from the wall, I'll attempt to move it about another inch back, it's not a strength issue, but rather a balance issue). I intend to attempt to add a front lever (I think i'm going to go from an inverted hang and do a negative of a front lever and attempt to hold it) and german hang now. I was trying to do a german hang before, but I must've been going too deep because my left elbow started to hurt. I stopped doing it for about a month now.

FBEs - I don't have rings right now, but my paypal transfer is finally going to go through tomorrow so I can order them! I've subbed in using a TRX for some of these. Anyways:

TRX push ups - 4 -> 11. TRX body rows (feet on chair to come parallel) 5->10. TRX body curls 4 -> 10. PB dips 3 -> 10. Wide grip chin ups 4 -> 7. Wide grip pull ups 2 -> 5 (I really need to Grease the Groove those!) Most substantially, when I was doing the few WODs before I switched to a SSC, I could barely do a negative of a HeSPU. Now I can do 6 HeSPUs! (wall assisted of course).

Tonight, I played 2 hours of tennis.

Again, thanks for the wonderful site! I feel like I know everyone on the site after seeing the names so frequently, hahah. I feel like I made decent gains with this template. Perhaps now the WODs will progress me even faster! Best of luck to all of you.

Vincent Stoyas

8/30/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Ido's Scapula Routine

FSP Warm Up

I run through the prereq FSPs 1 time, except for the hollow hold, I do that twice.

L sit 5x10s, Frog stand 4x15s, German Hang 5x10s (feet on ground), Handstand 3x30s. I tried to hold a front lever while coming out of a German hang, I can't even hold it for a second...

WOD 110829

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR Strap HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PMP Plus

Subbed XR HSPU for HeSPU, XR dips for PB dips, and PMP for TRX push ups. Third round I scaled to 1 cast wall walk, but I was never able to finish the fourth round because my friend's car broke down and I had to go pick her up.

WOD was extremely intense, I felt extremely taxed after the third round, but by now, I'm feeling pretty good again. If time allows, I might do some kind of flexibility routine tonight.

One thing I did notice recently was, doing handstands with my back against the wall hurt my wrists, but when I do them with my stomach against the wall they feel good. Why's that?

Vincent Stoyas

8/31/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Ido's Scapula Routine

I ran through the FSP prerequisites 3 times today instead of the standard FSPs. The WOD seemed to call for the FSPs I'd be working on and I was afraid of overtraining. In such a case, do I not do the FSPs that are called for in the WOD?

WOD 110830

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

I still don't have rings, so instead I subbed the ring workout (poorly, I believe) into Dips, Pull Ups, and 360 Pulls.

It went as follows:

Dips 7(20lbs), 5 wide grip pull ups, 3 360pulls.

Dips 5(30lbs), 5 wide grip pull ups, 3 360pulls.

Dips 3(40lbs), 5 wide grip pull ups, 3 360pulls.

I wasn't thinking clearly and I was working up to my 2 rep max, but realized that the WOD called for 3 sets. So, I too, limited my work to 3 sets.

I got cut short again in the workout and I couldn't finish with the FSPs called for at the end. I had to put it off til night time.

I was about to do my FSPs at 7:30pm, but then I got a call to play tennis and so I went and played tennis for the next 3 hours. It was great tennis. My serve has improved dramatically. I think I've upped it from 105 mph to 115ish mph. I allude my success to all the shoulder/core work that this wonderful site has provided. Thanks!

Anyways, got home from tennis at 10:30pm and had to really muster the energy and drive to finish the WOD. I felt exhausted coming home, but I managed to finish 3 sets before I couldn't handle it anymore. Oh, and i figured out that I can loop my TRX around my pull up bar to allow me to imitate (I don't know how well) ring support. Absolutely brutal.

3x15s Frog stand

3x10s L sit

3x15s TRX support

3x30s Handstand

3x15s German Hang (feet on floor)

I gathered enough courage at the end to attempt a shoulder stand on the TRX and I did so for about 8 seconds. At that point I got nervous and came out of it. Good to know that I can do it though!

Vincent Stoyas

9/1/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Warm up. 1 set of 60s pre FSP. I then only did 3 sets of FSPs. 3x15s frog stand, 3x10s L sit, 3x30s Handstand, 3x15s german hang

WOD 110901

Complete 3 sets of each:

15s German Hang + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Rows

15s Planche Lean + 5 Tempo Bulgarian Push Ups

15s L sit tuck on TRX + 5 Tempo L-sit Lifts on PB

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Felt good on this workout, the third set got pretty brutal. I'm feeling more comfortable with TRX support, it seems similar to ring support so I hope it has decent carry over for when I do finally get rings. Plenty of room left to work on for Bulgarian Push Ups, first time I've ever done them. Doing the chest fly portion has much to be desired.

9/2/11

I was going to workout, but I ended up playing tennis instead. Played for 6:00-10:30.

9/3/11 I wanted to make up Friday's workout, or just do a little bit, but that didn't happen either. Had to go to a birthday party in the afternoon and then ate at Lucille's for dinner. My stomach wasn't in agreement with the idea of exercising.

9/4/11

Finally a rest day, I stretched a little bit. I feel sore from the past week, which surprised me. My arms felt heavy trying to shampoo my hair haha. Played tennis from 6:00-8:30

9/5/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Ido's Scapula Routine

Warm Up: Typical warm up. 1 set of pre req FSPs and then 4x15s frog stand, 6x10s L sit, 3x30s HS, 4x15s German Hang.

WOD 110905

Perform the following:

3x5 GHR Half

3x10 Deck SLS? Roll up into SLS

3x5 HeS RLL

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

It was the first time I've ever done a GHR. The first set I confused it with a NLC. GHRs are completely brutal, but actually quite a bit of fun. I used my car to support myself. I took it a little bit too easy on this workout, everything here was pretty new to me so I didn't want to hurt myself.

Oh, and I'm making excellent progress on german hangs. For the past couple weeks I've been using TRX to do german hangs to get my feet on the floor. I then would go down on my knees to extend the stretch. Today, for a basis of comparison, I did it on my pull up bar. I could touch my feet to the ground! Before, I was a good foot or two above.

Played 3 hours of tennis this afternoon. 12:00-3:00pm. My serve is absolutely beastly. I don't have to try to muscle it at all for extra pop anymore, it feels completely natural.

Vincent Stoyas

9/7/11

Was too busy to workout yesterday unfortunately, here's to another messed up week haha.

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

WOD 110906

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

Walking HSPU Ladders - 2 Box HeSPU, 6 Wall Runs, 2 Negative HeSPU, 6 wall runs, 2 HeSPU, 6 wall runs, 2 HeSPU (stacked books 3 inches high), 6 wall runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Also finished with Ido's Shoulder (not scapula) routine

I subbed HeS RLL instead. I found it strange that it required 10 straddles and only 5 pikes. I find pikes to be much easier than straddles, but perhaps I'm an odd case? My neck/head needs some more strength to stay in those head stands longer.

I don't know how many rounds I was supposed to do of the walking HSPU ladders, but I only did two. I'm not used to spending so much time on my wrists and I suppose I haven't been taking my wrist conditioning seriously enough. I'll focus much more on it. The HSPU ladder was actually pretty exciting. I've never done it before. The wall runs had me falling all over the place for the first 10, but then I found the groove and did them without falling over. I feel exhausted after this workout. Sleep should come easy tonight.

Adam Bodestyne
Vincearoo said:
Hi, everyone! Glad to be part of this great community! I've been been a lurker for about 3 months now and here's my first post.

[...]

FSPs - Frog Stand 12s -> 34s. L sit 10s -> 24s. Handstand 20s -> 60s

Hiya! Those are some great improvements there. I finally gave myself a kick a few weeks ago and told myself to measure my FSPs properly, and start a proper steady state cycle for them so I can hopefully see some improvement later. I can't wait to see if I've had any significant improvement once I hit the end of my first eight weeks cycle.

Vincearoo said:
One thing I did notice recently was, doing handstands with my back against the wall hurt my wrists, but when I do them with my stomach against the wall they feel good. Why's that?

It might depend on how far your wrists are from the wall. The further back you are, when you're back-to-wall, the more hyperextended (?) your wrists will be. When you're doing them stomach-to-wall, chances are they are being bent back as much. Or such is my uneducated guess. :P

Vincearoo said:
I ran through the FSP prerequisites 3 times today instead of the standard FSPs. The WOD seemed to call for the FSPs I'd be working on and I was afraid of overtraining. In such a case, do I not do the FSPs that are called for in the WOD?

I guess it's up to you, but if the WOD has the same FSPs that I'm training, I'll either omit them from my FSP work or replace them with a much easier progression.

Vincearoo said:
Walking HSPU Ladders - 2 Box HeSPU, 6 Wall Runs, 2 Negative HeSPU, 6 wall runs, 2 HeSPU, 6 wall runs, 2 HeSPU (stacked books 3 inches high), 6 wall runs

[..]

I subbed HeS RLL instead. I found it strange that it required 10 straddles and only 5 pikes. I find pikes to be much easier than straddles, but perhaps I'm an odd case? My neck/head needs some more strength to stay in those head stands longer.

I don't know how many rounds I was supposed to do of the walking HSPU ladders, but I only did two.

Two or three rounds of the ladder would be about right, since you'd managed to get 4 'rungs' up the ladder. You were going up and down the ladder again for one round, right?

Vincent Stoyas

Hi Thanners, thanks for the responses. I hope your FSPs have improved as well, I'm always excited every time I feel they get easier.

thanners said:
It might depend on how far your wrists are from the wall. The further back you are, when you're back-to-wall, the more hyperextended (?) your wrists will be. When you're doing them stomach-to-wall, chances are they are being bent back as much. Or such is my uneducated guess. :P

That's what I thought too, but I can put my wrists right against the wall when I kick into it. When I walk up stomach first, then my wrists are a 2-3 inches from the wall because I can't balance correctly. Stomach first feels good and kick up feels bad, no matter the distance.

thanners said:
Two or three rounds of the ladder would be about right, since you'd managed to get 4 'rungs' up the ladder. You were going up and down the ladder again for one round, right?

Right! I almost didn't see you're supposed to reverse it, but I noticed after I did the first 1/2 round, thankfully.

Vincent Stoyas

After looking at the WOD, it intimidated me a great deal. I have a bad knee and I decided that I don't really want to follow this kind of WOD.

Didn't do any FSPs, just ran through the FSP prereqs and some push ups before I started the workout.

Tonight, I did a tabata of squats. Used 65lbs, finished 63 reps.

I attempted to follow it with 3x15 split squat switch jumps. I know there's a name Coach uses, but I'm completely oblivious to it right now. I only did 2x15 split squat switch jumps because I felt a little strain (not sure if it was or not, but I'm very hesitant towards such things) in my knee and so I immediately backed off.

I finished with 3x15 single foot calf raises. Walking was difficult after that, haha.

Finished with 2x30s of weighted standing pike stretch.

Vincent Stoyas

9/12/11

WOD 110912

15s L sit low on PB / Tempo 10 dips 5 pull ups

15 s German Hang / Tempo 5 HeS RLL

15s L tuck Hang / Tempo 5 V tuck ups

I warmed up with 2 rounds of FSP prereqs.

Then I did one round of the WOD and I felt like absolute garbage. I've been entirely busy this weekend having to help my dad install carpet into this huge office. I never help install carpet so it was a shock to me. I'm used to being able to sleep for 8-10 hours a day. Saturday and Sunday, I had less than 5 hours of sleep each night. I had to wake at 5 am and worked until 8pm.I didn't stretch or anything and I'm paying the price. I couldn't even finish 5 pull ups. I felt like if I kept going into multiple rounds that I'd hurt myself.

This week I'm going to take off and focus mainly on stretching and prehab work. I'll do some skill work throughout too so I don't return weak.

Before I forget, I'd like to comment after I did the Tabata of 65lb front squats and the 15 single leg calf raises, my legs were thoroughly destroyed. Today is the first day they weren't hurting me. I'm sure having to install carpet and such played a big role in the slow rebuilding though. I just need to keep this in mind for the future.

Vincent Stoyas

That week of little gymnastics work was actually glorious. I did some stretching and worked a little on handstands/headstand presses throughout the week. I've decided also, I want to do another SSC instead of following the WOD. I kind of just want to see some linear progression and perhaps add a little muscle, I figure it will be easier this way. After this SSC I think I'll stick with the WODs.

9/19/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Ido's Scapula Routine

2x30s German Hang

4x15s Frog stand

6x10s L sit

6x10s BL tuck

3x30s HS

5x5 Bulgarian Push Ups. Feel like I still need to be able to extend my arms further out on the descent.

5x5 Bulgarian Rows

First workout in a week, felt great!

L sit seems to have improved a lot even without any work on it at all. My legs are finally almost straightened.

9/20/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Did 6 minutes of Wall HS runs

4x15 German Hang

4x15s Frog stand

6x10s L sit

6x10s BL tuck

My friend came over and ended my workout forcing me to eat a double wrapped deep fried california burrito (french fries, guacamole, and carne asada). Just totally ruined my diet, hahah. I'll try to remain more serious about it from here on out.

9/21/11

Wrist/Elbow Prehab

Ido's Scapula routine

4x15 German Hang

4x15s Frog stand

6x10s L sit

6x10s BL tuck

3x30s Headstand

10x3 Dips (25lbs)

10x3 Body weight Bicep curls

I think I'm going to follow a 10x3 format for a little while and see if I like it. I'll return to typical 5x5 later on.

I think it's okay that I train a BL tuck, but I'm not entirely sure. I read a thread about how it's actually less demanding than a german hang. If someone says I'm wrong to try both, then I'll knock it off.

Somehow I missed the Wall Handstand Run threat until the other day. I'm glad I found that because it makes handstands kind of enjoyable. It's kind of fun, actually.

Vincent Stoyas

I've been contemplating all sorts of things for a while now. I found out recently that I can hold a FL tuck for the first time, so i've been doing 5 or 6 sets of 5 seconds each. I'm going to list this for my next standard for comparison so here's my stuff.

FSPs

Frog Stand - 4x15s

FL tuck - 6x6s. Should be 10, but I don't always have time for it.

BL tuck - 10x6s

Handstand - 3x30s

L Sit - 6x10s

FBEs

Bulgarian Push Ups

Front Lever Tuck Rows

Dips with 30lbs

Inverted Curl

Pull Ups

HeSPU with 2 books

So far I've followed that this week. I'm too lazy to type it right now,but in the future I should start updating this somewhat frequently. It's an SSC, there isn't much to say haha.

Vincent Stoyas

10/4/11 Tuesday

I'm so mightily indecisive it's ridiculous. I know I should be doing the WODs and it's been a thought struggling in my mind. I decided again, I'm going to quit the SSC I'm doing and return to the WODs. This time however, I'm going to start at page 5 and progress. It seems like there are many more comments and responses on those and it'll help me learn to scale more appropriately. Once I feel comfortable with it, I'll return to present WODs.

Today though was my first workout with rings! I got them on saturday, but I didn't have time to workout until today. I was super pumped to go out there and workout with them.

Joint Prehab

1 set of pre FSP warm up

Didn't have time for the FSPs before the workout, but I'll try to do them tonight, if time forbids.

WOD 100809

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo ½ Reverse MU

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Korean Dips

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo 360 Pulls

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Scaled to

1 Embedded BL Flat Tuck + 5 Inverse Curls

1 Embedded XR L sit low + 4 Dips

1 Embedded FL tuck + 5 Tempo 360 Pulls

Finished with 1x5 Bridge Wall Walks.

Tempo 360 pulls are absolutely brutal. The first set I was coming completely out of the front lever, but I couldn't finish all 5 that way. For the next two sets, I lowered to a front lever flat tuck and came back up.

Wall Walks scare me because I have a bad lower back. I'm conditioning it, but I approach things slowly with it. Eventually I'll work it up to 1x10 Walks.

Gonna rest tomorrow and continue as normal.

Vincent Stoyas

10/5/11 Wednesday

Decided to do some FSPs today.

Shoulder Prehab

Wrist Prehab

FSP pre reqs

FSPs - Frog stand, L sit, Back lever, Front Lever

I was bummed because today I really wanted to spend some time on my hands and that was the purpose of even doing my FSPs today. Tomorrow I must remember to do 10 minutes of Wall HS Runs.

I feel really comfortable with the frog stand now. When I upped it form 6s to 15s I found it difficult to keep my balance for that long, but it's cake now.

My L sit is getting better...but very slowly. The first couple times I can keep my legs above parallel, but after that they start sagging, hard. At first I thought I couldn't keep my legs up because of flexibility (still might minorly affect it), but if I can now keep my legs above parallel then it really must just be ab strength.

I took a video of myself doing a Back lever tuck, man I'm glad that I did that. It was HORRIBLE. I finally have my back flat like it should be. Much more strenuous now.

Front Lever feels like it's progressing well. It was weird that I can even do it because I couldn't do one for a long time and now the tuck is becoming pretty easy.

Vincent Stoyas

Man oh man, I was doing a dynamic leg WOD and then at the end I decided I was going to do some pull UPS. 15 in and I pulled a muscle pretty badly. My whole right neck is stiff and so is my right shoulder blade. Having a hard time even laying or sitting down. Hopefully this doesn't last long.

If anyone has some tips that would speed recovery, I would be extremely grateful. I guess I'll take the week off, hopefully jot that king, but that's what I'm guessing.

Hope the rest of you are fairing and progressing well!

Vincent Stoyas

10/12/10 Wednesday

First WOD since my muscle strain last friday or saturday. It feels MUCH better, but is still slightly sore so I'm still trying to stay off it of completely. I did a lower body WOD today. Maybe I'll do some lower body stretching and a core workout for the next few days. I don't really know what I should be doing yet. I need to put some thought into it.

WOD 100812

Perform the following:

3x10 Weighted Killers

3x5 Tempo GHR

3x5 Tempo Body Levers

Used 20 lbs for the first weighted killers, that was too easy. The next two sets I used 35 lbs, that was a good weight for me.

I don't understand GHR. I tried to do it today with my feet anchored under a barbell, but I wasn't feeling the work in my legs at all. It felt kind of coreish, but even that core work felt mediocre. I'll have to look into what I'm doing wrong. I tried 2 sets, on the second and 3rd set I used cyclist squats instead.

Body Levers were too hard and candlesticks hurt my shoulder. I do 3x5 V ups and also 3x5 Half lying windshield wipers.

Hoping my shoulder will heal all the way up soon. By next week or even in a few days, I'm trying not to rush it.

I did find that if I hold a pronated grip on my pull up bar and swing gently that all my shoulder pain disappears for a half hour. Weird coincidence?

Vincent Stoyas

Today was the second day that my shoulder hasn't hurt me. So I figured, I would screw around a little bit on the rings just for some fun.

I tried to do the basic ring strength 1 series, the backward roll to back lever is actually really tough. I'm not even close to a smooth transition to it. I went through that series twice. Then I did a little bit of dips and for the first time tried to work a muscle up some. That's quite a ways off too haha. Fun day today though.

Monday I hope to get back into WODs, although my friend wants me to go to the gym with him on Monday night, so I think i'll just work the FSPs in the morning and save strength for that. I haven't touched weights in months now...It'll be weird haha

Vincent Stoyas

10/17/11 Monday

Today was my first actual workout since I pulled whatever muscle while doing pull ups.

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs

20’ Wheels

60 sec Swinging dips

20’ L-sit walks

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

I scaled it down to 2 rounds.

40 sec HS Wall Run

10 Clapping Push ups

10 Slight Swing Dips

20' AG walks

I felt a little bit weaker today. My wrist strength is horrible now. I really need to prehab hard. That was the only thing that I felt was limiting me. My shoulder felt just like normal. The handstand and push ups were bothering me though and that's why I limited it. Hopefully by the end of the week everything will be back to normal.

Vincent Stoyas

Still worried about my shoulder some, so I'm trying to exercise, but I do so in low volume. I haven't touched any Front Levers or Back Levers yet.

WOD 100824

Perform:

1x5 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x5 Straddle Box Press HS

2 Rounds of Handstand 30sec on 45 off.

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Like I said, Just taking it extremely easy. I can probably do more, but on Monday I'll reevaluate myself again. Better safe than sorry. I should focus on some more core work while I'm taking it easy.

Vincent Stoyas

Well, here's my first workout in a long time.

I'm going to be okay finally, but I don't want to do any pull ups for a while.

I think the whole problem is my pull up and I'm using poor form causing my shoulder to get hurt. When I pull from a dead hang, I think is where the problem arises. I don't know how to flex my shoulders appropriately or something. It's strange though because I've been doing pull ups for years now and this is the first time I've ever hurt myself while doing them. Perhaps it was a cumulative effort that finally brought it about, I'm not sure.

Anyways, I decided to only do 1 set of the WOD and I will continue to do so for the rest of the week to make sure everything is A-okay.

11/15/11

Shoulder Pre/rehab

Wrist/elbow novalty movements

Warm Up - Prereq FSPs 1x60s

5ish minutes of HS work

WOD

15s German hang / 8 Tucked Circular Front Lever Rotations

15s L sit low / 3 360 pulls

15s FL Tuck / 5 HLL

I felt good after that and I feel like I could continue, but better safe than sorry.

I need to stretch tonight, but I don't have the time to do it now, I hope I make time.

Glad to be back though, hope all is well with everyone else!

Vincent Stoyas

Warm Up

Novelty wrist/elbow movements

1x60s Prereq FSPs

Just added 2x30s side plank to those too. Obliques need some work.

WOD 111115

1 Round

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 HeSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Clapping Push ups

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

10 Dips

Finished with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

and 5 kick ups to HS on each leg and 5 with both legs.

Still feeling good, no shoulder issues yet. I feel weaker, naturally, but it'll comeback quickly again I hope.

I want to start focusing on HS for a while so I'm thinking I'll start next week with 10 minutes on my hands twice a week.

Also tonight I did some AIS stretching. Has anyone else tried this? I feel like it's working EXTREMELY well. I've only done it a few times, but I feel soo much more flexible. I can front kick 4 inches above my head now, I'm aiming to be able to kick my ceiling fan blades haha.

Vincent Stoyas

yJHO58GNT68

Completed 2 sets of each:

1 Embedded PB L-sit + 5 Tempo Ring Dips

1 Embedded BL + Nothing. Afraid of pulling exercises right now.

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

It felt pretty good today, but I still feel weak. I'm gonna just do 2 rounds in each of the WODS for a while until I feel comfortable again to do 3.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong in my pull ups, but I believe it's the transition from the dead hang to the pulling motion. It feels like trash whenever I try to do it. I've never had problems before, I don't know why I am now. Just trying to take it slow now.

Oh, I made a video, feel free to tell me how my movements are garbage. I figure it's time to get a little bit more serious bout training, so hopefully videos will help.

Vincent Stoyas

WOD 112811

Perform 3 rounds of the following:

5 GHR

10 SLS

5 HeS RLL

10 Calf Raises

Finished with 1x5 210lb Deadlift.

2SBIuDoqNsw

I only did 2 rounds of GHR and I wanted to finish with 3x5 DLs, but I ran out of time.

I do not know the progressions to a GHR, but I attempted it anyways. I believe that there shouldn't be forward bend like in my video. I didn't think I was bending that much, but that's what a video is good for, right? I did see some videos on youtube afterwards with people using a band that goes around their chest, I suppose it's time to invest in one? I did feel some work in my posterior chain, so I guess I did it at least slightly correct.

Everything else felt very good today. HeS Leg lifts felt very nice, but I think my form is poor on those too.

Rehabbing my knee still, it's been chronically bad so I removed the weighted sled sprints. When I feel stronger, I will begin to do sprints again, but not for now.

As always, be as harsh with critiques as you'd like.

Brutus
Vincearoo said:
yJHO58GNT68

Completed 2 sets of each:

1 Embedded PB L-sit + 5 Tempo Ring Dips

1 Embedded BL + Nothing. Afraid of pulling exercises right now.

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo HLL

I think you should work your PB support or low L-sit before attempting L-sit. It´s difficult to tell because of the angle but you don´t seem to lock your knees and you need to push up your hips to your chest to avoid quivering (can be weakness in the core). Also try to point your toes ahead (tah will also help to lock the knees)

Vincent Stoyas

I think you should work your PB support or low L-sit before attempting L-sit. It´s difficult to tell because of the angle but you don´t seem to lock your knees and you need to push up your hips to your chest to avoid quivering (can be weakness in the core). Also try to point your toes ahead (tah will also help to lock the knees)

Yes, you're definitely right. My PB support has diminished quite a bit since I've come back from working out. I like to have one day a week of a real L sit and the other days I do L sit low. I do L sit low 4x15s. I do always forget to point my toes, thanks for the reminder. Also, my flexibility is poor, so I allude that to not locking my knees, perhaps it's not all the reason, but it's definitely some. Thanks for the response!

Vincent Stoyas

Dyanamic Stretching

Prereq warm up. Decided to add L sit tuck to the prereqs, it'll be a little bit more corework, but i also want it for PB support. Seems like my PB support has diminished a lot since I was hurt. Time to build everything back up.

Ido's scapula Routine

WOD 112911

Scaled to

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x5 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

4x5 Straddle Box Press HS

5 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finished with 1x10 Wrist Push Ups

5 continual minutes of HS Wall Runs is absolutely brutal. My wrists were giving out by the end of the 5 minutes, so I decided to just stop there.

CWWs are hard as always. I would like to actually build to 1x10 soon haha. Good solid workout today though. I enjoyed it.