pulley system routine

Started by Rings, August 22, 2011 · 8 Replies · 4,741 Views

Rings

Hi,

I start working on a rings routine with pulley system.

-back lever press to planche.

-Iron cross press to support (l-sit some times)

-HSPU (a little bit scary)

-maltese press tu planche.

I feel good,can´t straighten my arms completely in maltese yet,but I like the feeling of the muscles involved in these skills. Also I feel more solid and strong when I´m working on parallettes. (l-sit to advanced plache to straddle before back to l-sit)

Some others skills I´m attempt:

-galimores.

-back roll to planche (trying straight arms)

A looooooot of fun!

what do you think guys?..is a good routine?

Cheers

mikelmarion

take a video and post it

Rings
mikelmarion said:
take a video and post it

I think, you just want see if I´m able to do these skills.

DennisGoossens

When can only give comment If you show a video :)

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Hi Rings. I just happened to come across your request here to give some feedback on the effectiveness of training with a ring pulley system (dream machine). Clearly, you did not get any response. Only a rather lame “show me your video, then I will commentâ€. As you have noticed I have recently posted some videos with my dream machine training, also asking to provide some feedback (in the first video). Guess what? Nada, nichts, niente, niks, rien, nothing. I think the problem is a general lack of experience (and maybe interest) with this type of training. So, you are on your own here; well not completely, there is Breaks and there is me. If it helps. I think it is a fantastic way to train, especially, my shoulder strength (and a lot more upper body strength), also my sense of (straight arm) balance and coordination (especially upside down). So much so, that I have decided to stick with it for a couple of months to see how it will affect my regular (without a DM) ring training. By the way, if it will allow me to do a straddle planche like yours, I will be ecstatic. I will keep posting my videos (on the Ring Strength thread) as I progress.

Cole Dano

That's nothing personal, i don't think many have a DM to compare against. I love to give it a try sometime and sure i will when the time is right.

As for the show me comments well since he was asking for advice on the routine and not his technique i have to agree. However i'm certainly not qualified to comment.

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

I am not taking it personal. Just somewhat surprised that no forum members seem to know much, if anything, about training with a DM. To me it seems to fit quite well with what building the gymnastic body is about. I did a quick search and found earlier discussions about using a ring pulley system here back in 2008, so the idea to this forum is not new. The total outlay (money and time wise) to build a DM is not prohibitive either. So, what gives? I am just curious.

Finn Frank

There was some substantial interest in a thread (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6323&p=56318) last summer, I'm pretty sure Coach sent a message out to all of the forum about a forum members DM training video :)

You might want to PM Coach about this type of training or get his input into this thread.

I've noticed I might just be wasting thread space here as I see that Rings posted int he above mentioned thread :)

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Finnbar, thanks for pointing me to that thread. Interesting discussion with a couple of insights. However, I am looking for some more detailed info about the carry-over effect of DM training on the standard BtGB skills (like Rings’ remark that he thinks planche training with a DM helped him to improve his pbar straddle planche). I think I will just follow my plan of training with the DM a couple of months and then see where it has gotten me in terms of strength gains for MU, planche, FL, BL, reverse MU, HSPU and the standard ring strength series.