Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Desiree Walker an IFBB Fitness Competitor Gymnastics.

AlexX

She does this instead of doing cardio. Apparantly she use to be a level 10 gymnast. For those not in the know the only level higher than 10 is elite. She has a few video of her doing gymnastics on her channel. Hey physique is impressive overall but I thought the traps were the most impressive, most likely a result of handstand training.

5TKqecmVdYc

PXGill1YidU

xohBtv7QI5c

will somebody tell her that if her heart rate does go up, it's cardio. be back in a few minutes.

will somebody tell her that if her heart rate does go up, it's cardio. be back in a few minutes.

I think she means traditional cardio such as running or jump roping.

Alvaro Antolinez

Wow she is strong! but a bit too bulked up for that level of strength isn´t she?(There are thinner girls doing the same or harder stuff with arms half of that) Are they looking for that hypertrophy at fitness competitions?

Nicholas Sortino

She is a bodybuilder, so I would assume she is going for something a more muscular look.

That southern twang is sexy too.

Joshua Naterman

Walk like a man, talk like a man, walk like a man my wOOOooOOMAN! :lol:

Seriously though, walks like a stiff lifter.

And, of course, that was really cool! It's good to see gymnastic training in bodybuilding!

I know that but details are important and the statement is a bit misleading.

Joshua Naterman
I know that but details are important and the statement is a bit misleading.

Agreed, intervals are intervals.

Desiree Walker

LOL! -- It's Desiree Walker - the girl from the video - y'all are funny!

Didn't mean to be misleading - but that's right--no traditional cardio exercise (cardiovascular system is definitely getting worked over the the circuit :D )

I don't compete any more in pro fitness (never did bodybuilding - just fitness division) -- Right now - I 'm just enjoying the movement arts - ballet - modern dance, and yoga. Training is a mix of bodyweight/gymnastics conditioning - fused in with a tad of traditional (just using dumbbells and bands.) Super fun! -- haven't stepped foot in "fitness center" all summer - just gymnastics gym! Body has been totally streamlined since the drastic change in training modalities - I'm a good 10lbs light - esp. lower body much smaller - (makes ballet and upper body strength skills much easier for sure)

Working on improving my skills at the ring and hand balancing. Really wanting to learn more about ring strength and skills - and advancing in this area. I plan to register for the GB seminar today that will be in Az in Sept. Hope to meet some of y'all!

Nicholas Sortino

Didn't mean to be misleading - but that's right--no traditional cardio exercise (cardiovascular system is definitely getting worked over the the circuit :D )

I don't compete any more in pro fitness (never did bodybuilding - just fitness division) -- Right now - I 'm just enjoying the movement arts - ballet - modern dance, and yoga. Training is a mix of bodyweight/gymnastics conditioning - fused in with a tad of traditional (just using dumbbells and bands.) Super fun! -- haven't stepped foot in "fitness center" all summer - just gymnastics gym! Body has been totally streamlined since the drastic change in training modalities - I'm a good 10lbs light - esp. lower body much smaller - (makes ballet and upper body strength skills much easier for sure)

Working on improving my skills at the ring and hand balancing. Really wanting to learn more about ring strength and skills - and advancing in this area. I plan to register for the GB seminar today that will be in Az in Sept. Hope to meet some of y'all!

Welcome. Great to have you here. See you in AZ

Joshua Naterman

Nice, welcome to the site! I think my foot is somewhere deep in my mouth lol...

It'll be a pleasure to see a southern lady show up! Great job showing something different to the Youtube crowd! We are really starting to get some very capable ladies showing up, seems there's at least one every Seminar now! If you're going to be there in time for the Tilted Kilt you should definitely show up, it's a great place and it's always fun for everyone to meet each other before the seminars start so that it's more of a family atmosphere instead of the first time strangers meet.

I have to say, I think you'll be teaching most of US a thing or two about handbalancing. Those HS walks were really nice and controlled.

Desiree Walker

Nice, welcome to the site! I think my foot is somewhere deep in my mouth lol...

It'll be a pleasure to see a southern lady show up! Great job showing something different to the Youtube crowd! We are really starting to get some very capable ladies showing up, seems there's at least one every Seminar now! If you're going to be there in time for the Tilted Kilt you should definitely show up, it's a great place and it's always fun for everyone to meet each other before the seminars start so that it's more of a family atmosphere instead of the first time strangers meet.

I have to say, I think you'll be teaching most of US a thing or two about handbalancing. Those HS walks were really nice and controlled.

thanks again everyone for the nice welcome! and no worries ----I love to joke around (and laugh -at myself--included ---that southern accent always comes back to bite me :D )--

Yes- please give me the details on the Tilted Kilt sounds fun!!

Really looking forward to learning and ironing my technique esp rings. (there are no boys teams/coaches at the gymnastic gym where I workout - it is just mostly low level rec classes)---everything has been self taught within the last year on these --- I have just gotten back into some gymnastics oriented conditioning after a 12 year hiatus from my competitive days--technique is rusty - to say the least!

--so kudos to Coach Sommer - and all the moderators for a great forum- and wealth of information and videos - I have learned so much to complement my training - great resource for sure!

Joshua Naterman

The Tilted Kilt is literally in the parking lot of the host hotel, the Hampton Inn Suites. It is a beautiful hotel, so be sure to stay there. It's only 1 mile from the gym and right next to all the good stuff from groceries to shopping to night life. I believe we'll all be rolling in around 9 PM, as Coach will be coaching until 8-8:30. From there all hell breaks loose! :lol: Seriously though, it's a great time and usually we end up hanging out until midnight or later sometimes, I was out with Erik and Erich Lin until around 2-3 AM just hanging out and sharing training tips.

Welcome, Desiree. South represent! Oh wait I only lived in Atlanta long enough to pick up some colloquial phrases and a small bit of a drawl. It's funny when it comes back at times.

In anycase, you're doing a bang up job now and good luck in moving forward.

Quite honestly, the gymnastics wod intervals is pretty good conditioning. Erik and I used to do the 4 round wod's back to back without rest (as do many of Coach's guys) and they will toast you.

Desiree Walker

Sounds great (reservations made at the Hampton - woot!) and Titled Kilt. - I will need a good watering hole that evening for sure (hubby and I will be coming in from a little hiking around the grand canyon and sedona - ) Should be a good time!

just wondering - for the seminar---how much is demonstration and how much do we get to participate - I've read the description on the seminar page - but other than that not sure what to expect?

in the mean time - I'll be refining the deep south accent and the stiff lifter walk ( :lol:) it is much better know since I've been in ballet for 7 months and only body weight training :D

Joshua Naterman
Sounds great (reservations made at the Hampton - woot!) and Titled Kilt. - I will need a good watering hole that evening for sure (hubby and I will be coming in from a little hiking around the grand canyon and sedona - ) Should be a good time!

just wondering - for the seminar---how much is demonstration and how much do we get to participate - I've read the description on the seminar page - but other than that not sure what to expect?

in the mean time - I'll be refining the deep south accent and the stiff lifter walk ( :lol:) it is much better know since I've been in ballet for 7 months and only body weight training :D

NOOOOOO! Don't lose your trademark moves! :P

The Tilted Kilt's as fine a watering hole as any you'll find. Sedona's beautiful, I never hiked there or anything but my sister gave me a tour of the downtown area and that was really pretty!

I'd say it's safe to say the seminars are 70-80% participation and 20-30% demonstration. It is very much a hands-on event!

I would like to get hold of those white P-bars that are in the video. Anyone know the site where I can buy them?

Those Parallettes are handmade using thick PVC. I personally don't generally make parallettes that robust as they tend to have at most 170lbs on them, typically 50-115lb gymnasts besides the odd adults who might use them.

I will concur with Sliz that the seminars can be very participation heavy. I was wracked after 3 days which was partially my problem since I only knew to go full out then. I needed the onhand chiro to sort myself on day 3 just so I could walk right and I was still wracked afterwards. However, this was also because it was a pretty rough week for me. Another one of the reasons is I often know at the speed and level I can work at and don't gear back. My joints aren't fond of that when it comes to the dynamic WOD's however.

What an inspiring post! Those videos are a great benchmark! I can do two muscle ups but everything else there is way beyond me at this point.

Desiree Walker
Those Parallettes are handmade using thick PVC. I personally don't generally make parallettes that robust as they tend to have at most 170lbs on them, typically 50-115lb gymnasts besides the odd adults who might use them.

I will concur with Sliz that the seminars can be very participation heavy. I was wracked after 3 days which was partially my problem since I only knew to go full out then. I needed the onhand chiro to sort myself on day 3 just so I could walk right and I was still wracked afterwards. However, this was also because it was a pretty rough week for me. Another one of the reasons is I often know at the speed and level I can work at and don't gear back. My joints aren't fond of that when it comes to the dynamic WOD's however.

Yep that is true -most definitely "homemade" with PVC - very cheap way to go -- not very sturdy - but good enough for someone my weight (sub 115 lbs). I usually train with them at home or take them to the gymnastics gym and use them in a circuit.

that sounds awesome about the seminar! I sure the volume of just trying the skills and WODS throughout the day will be enough to fry me - can't wait to be surrounded by like minded athletes!!

What an inspiring post! Those videos are a great benchmark! I can do two muscle ups but everything else there is way beyond me at this point.
So glad! and that is awesome Amanda - I just got my single muscle up last summer and my seated press (back after a 16 year hiatus - :lol:

I was more "wracked" in my shoulder due to the fact we started the ring series and I hit that pretty hard without my typical rings WU. The bulgarian rows or front support wasn't that rough but hitting the straddle BL is what did it. As well, my right shoulder if I'm not careful tends to pull pretty easy in supraspinatus or rhomboid area sometimes.

Doing the dynamic pushing or pull wods were merely just a taste of them. I think we didn't do the full 4 round versions, maybe 2 or 3 rounds due to time issues.

Personally I think it was the volume of stretching did compounded by the fact I had a long week prior and long bus trips and maybe a bed I wasn't comfortable in. I don't know why my hip got all out of whack as there really wasn't one thing that I pushed too hard on. I wasn't doing the hip mobility I'm doing (as I had a severe lack on internal hip rotation then).

At the time I was going into a post season mode from our boy's season and my NAIGC season and the programming I was doing in retrospect was a ticking time bomb on my joints.

Bare in mind that was nearly a year and a half ago. Things are probably a bit different. So, I think it was merely a volume thing. I'll be smarter if I go this time and not push so hard if I'm burned out.