Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amazing Biceps

Bob Sanders

Coach Sommer

The original IC dumbbell training article was written for those who wanted to continue weight lifting as their primary focus and perhaps experiment with adding a little straight arm work into their routine. It is far more effective to follow a specific elbow preparation progression for building straight arm strength.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

After my regualar workout I did an exercise with elaxtics. Just hold the elastics behind me and did some cross work. I really felt a lot of stress on the joints in my elbows.

I found this great video about strength progression Iron cross.

I tried it with my feet on the bench and my whole arms and shoulders were burning as crazy.

I will do this 2 times a week, I suppose this will be enough?

The problem with only doing work like that is that it can lead to tendonitis very quickly unless preventative measures are taken. That's why there's a lot of emphasis on static holds.

The problem with only doing work like that is that it can lead to tendonitis very quickly unless preventative measures are taken. That's why there's a lot of emphasis on static holds.

Thanks for your answer.

I have also added static holds now, to do this after the iron cross and back/fron lever exercises, I suppose this will be good enought.

Coach Sommer
... I found this great video about strength progression Iron cross.

I tried it with my feet on the bench and my whole arms and shoulders were burning as crazy.

My recommendation is simply - DON'T.

If you attempt to follow progession mentioned above without already having correctly developing the biceps tendon (as I have already outlined in prior posts) you will develop tendonitis in the elbow. There are no short cuts.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

It takes around 12 weeks for connective tissue to fully adapt to a given load. Whatever you choose to do, please do not try to increase difficulty more than once every 3 months.

If you don't take Coach's advice, I wish your elbows the best of luck. They will need it, and it will not be enough.

... I found this great video about strength progression Iron cross.

My recommendation is simply - DON'T.

If you attempt to follow progession mentioned above without already having correctly developing the biceps tendon (as I have already outlined in prior posts) you will develop tendonitis in the elbow. There are no short cuts.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thank you for the advice coach!