Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amazing Biceps

Bob Sanders

Hey bodyguard,

I have definitely made noticeable changed to my strength and appearance in the last 2 month, with the biggest changes to appearance being my back and chest. Lately I've only been doing planche progressions on the ground and rings, ring pullups and pushups, ring dips, and things like that. I've been busy with other activities like gymnastics and kickboxing/martial arts, but I'll dive back into the rings when the dvd get here!

My arms are bigger, even my roommate and friends have noticed. Have you ordered the rings yet?

I have ordered the rings this week and hope to get them soon. Do you think you got bigger arms with pullups, pushups and ring dips?

I cant wait to start with the rings. I am used to train with weights and like doing chins and dips but I believe with rings it will be harder.

Is this exercise also good for getting big arms, see second exercise of Yuri

Guest Garre33
Is this exercise also good for getting big arms, see second exercise of Yuri

Haha, I think that by the time you get to the point of being able to do that exercise, your upper body will be much bigger.

I've read around the forum that straight arm work on the rings works your biceps much harder and is the best workout for making them bigger... So I try to add that in whenever I can.

Biceps protects an elbow->so it's a lot of tension on elbow when you are doing straight arm workouts->here your biceps works enormeous.

George Launchbury

Also, studies have shown that static work mainly activates the Brachialis (which sits under the biceps) which gives the appearance of additional size to the biceps. As I recall, the biceps is mainly fast-twitch fibres and flexes the elbow powerfully (and sometimes assists the shoulder) while the brachialis is mainly slow-twitch fibres used in stabilisation over longer periods, both flexed and straight elbow. It's all about time under tension (TUT) for which muscles get used around a lot of joints, and is more shades of grey than one muscle or another.

Sorry a little brief - off for school run!

George.

P.s. For more info:

> http://www.getbodysmart.com/ap/muscularsystem/forearmmuscles/brachialis/tutorial.html

> http://www.getbodysmart.com/ap/muscularsystem/forearmmuscles/bicepsbrachii/tutorial.html

• Upvote 2

I am still looking for exercises for holding straight arms. Next the iron Cross are there more on Rings? Iron Cross are bit difficult for beginners

David Picó García

At the start of this thread i said i was starting cross training. My development of the biceps is what i've noticed the most. i think i've gained almost 2 cm in almost 2 months, no curls or even pull ups (well just muscleups, but i did that before and my biceps didnt grow the way has done now).

I'm not very advanced but i do the cross pulls with elastic bands, the way they assist me enough for do 3 to 5 reps, if you are not strong enough simply put more bands :P.

Back lever is also very biceps demanding, but you can also use bands, i use them sometimes for reps on pulls from back lever to inverted hang, i fell this more than doing the back lever tucked.

I have a huge biceps (42,5 cm cold) for ordinary people or gymnast, without of any curls pull ups or so...

How to perform a cross pull?

Is a cross pull performed in this film of Yuri, you see him with his assistance doing the exercise.

Gregor,

Thats amazing! How tall are you if I may ask?

Bodyguard, that would be a planche to maltese.

If you perform a back lever with palms up instead of palm down it brings the bicep more into play, otherwise I feel it more in my triceps and lats and upper back/shoulders.

Bodyguard, that would be a planche to maltese.

If you perform a back lever with palms up instead of palm down it brings the bicep more into play, otherwise I feel it more in my triceps and lats and upper back/shoulders.

You mean its a planche to maltese what Yuri is doing in the rings with his partner?

Sorry, but I dont understand how to perform a back lever with palsm up. Maybe you have a pic or film?

Thanks by the way,

Gregor,

You have really big arms!

George Launchbury

bodyguard,

Literally rotate your wrists through 180 degrees - they will do that one way only - and apart from your palms now facing up instead of down, the rest is the same. By that I don't mean to rotate them while in the back lever position (actually I don't even think that is possible??)

To illustrate: If you hang from a bar in a standard palms-away pull-up grip, (not chin-up with palms toward you) pulled your feet up and through your arms, passing through inverted and all the way over to a back lever ...that is palms up.

Cheers,

George.

Bingo. I find the palms down much more useful as a progression but this is the safe on the elbow version besides I think engaging more arm musculature to perform it.

It's allowed either way in the compulsory routines.

bodyguard,

Literally rotate your wrists through 180 degrees - they will do that one way only - and apart from your palms now facing up instead of down, the rest is the same. By that I don't mean to rotate them while in the back lever position (actually I don't even think that is possible??)

To illustrate: If you hang from a bar in a standard palms-away pull-up grip, (not chin-up with palms toward you) pulled your feet up and through your arms, passing through inverted and all the way over to a back lever ...that is palms up.

Cheers,

George.

You can turn wrists in a lever position :wink:

David Picó García

the cross pulls are simply the movement from support on rings descend to a cross and then press to the support position (simply the opposite movement from suport to cross - cross to support. This is always with straight arms (fully straight, as coach said, almost straight is still bent), so you have to aproach this slowly and secure (thats why i use elastic bands) for your elbows safety, and the safety comes with the stabilization of it with a hard biceps and forearms work.