Hello-
I'm interested in using rings/gymnastic work for strength as well as muscular development. I've read on the forums here that 5X5 is a good strength/hypertrophy balance. I've also received advice from knowledgable members suggesting I follow the coach's WOD's. What is the most effective way to combine the two, building my overall gymnastic strength while also getting the volume necessary to produce some good hypertrophy?
Lately I've been doing gymnastics work four times a week, starting with static holds and then doing one of two workouts (repeated twice a week). One workout is pull-ups, dips, inverted curls, PL pushups with feet on the wall. Other is inverted hang to german hang back to inverted hand into which I drop to an L front lever (not sure if this is proper terminology or not) and then move to cast wall walks. I hold the GH and inverted hang for 10 sec and do each of the other exercises for 5 reps 5 times. This routine produced nice results for me, but after several weeks my body wasn't responding as well and I feel like it's time to get some variety.
Any suggestions for hypertrophy programming and gymnastic strength would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
-Steve Sisk