Jogging or sprints?

Started by Chris, August 23, 2008 · 27 Replies · 15,563 Views

Blairbob

A 7m mile pace is 1:45. Otherwise known as ok and that 1:45 400 time would be a crawl.

Honestly, if you were going to train 400's, I wouldn't do them in the same workout as gymnastics. At the end, there isn't enough in the tank and done at the beginning they would kill the rest of the workout if you went out hard. You could figure out 75-85%.

If you worked out in the mornings, you could do them in the evenings or vice versa.

Martial
Blairbob said:
A 7m mile pace is 1:45. Otherwise known as ok and that 1:45 400 time would be a crawl.

Honestly, if you were going to train 400's, I wouldn't do them in the same workout as gymnastics. At the end, there isn't enough in the tank and done at the beginning they would kill the rest of the workout if you went out hard. You could figure out 75-85%.

If you worked out in the mornings, you could do them in the evenings or vice versa.

Oh when I mentioned 7 minute mile pace, I meant over the duration of 5 miles, and referenced you at the end when you mentioned 35 or 40 minutes. Sorry for that poor wording.

And thanks for the input, since I was wondering about the recommended recovery time after doing something like this.

Blairbob

doh