Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My adventures today

chauinc

Today I went to a gymnastics place for a few hours to play around and try some stuff out. I was there for 2 hours and it was $5. First thing i did when i got there was stack some mats neck high and dive roll over it. I was surprised i even made it. For some reason i had absolutely no fear today. I tried out some back tucks i got all the way around but i couldn't land them, it was the same for front tucks. Played with some rings for a while couldn't get a muscle up, i did get a back lever for a split second though. I then when to a mushroom and managed to get one rotation on a circle.

Then i got injured haha, i tried to do a wall flip with out learning how or anything. I ran to fast at the wall i flipped and landed in a kneeling position. And with the momentum downward i bashed my head against my knee haha. I managed to cut the side of my eye brow a little and it swelled up.

We then went to the trampoline where i was told that back tucks and stuff were easier. i still couldn't land them but kept trying. That's where i got hurt again haha. I messed up the timing of my jump and didnt tuck on the flip so i landed on my upper back and basically folded in half at the spine hurting my lower back. After the pain stopped i jumped back on the trampoline and tried a few more back tucks i could get as far as i could before because my back hurt hahaha.

When i got home my head started to pound and my back was a little sore haha. Hopefully it'll all heal right.

This stretch can really save you on bad back tuck landings or missed double backs.

http://drillsandskills.com/stretching/General/gn010

I generally don't teach anyone to wallflip before they can do a back tuck somewhere. A wall flip is less than a full rotation but it's more about being aware and knowing when to open up and land.

2 hours and 5 bucks is an awesome deal. When we first started open gym it was only 5, but got bumped to 10 and enrollment went down. I pay 7 at the nearby gym on saturdays and it's a good deal.

haha like i said i was fearless that day for some reason. When i woke up the next day i had a big bruise on my knee, my neck and back were sore, and my left eyebrow was swollen up hahaha. Thanks for the back stretch i've never seen that one before. The gym does open nights tuesday and thurdays its pretty wicked, a lot of bboys and trickers were there.