Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today Olympics Rings Final

David Picó García

David Picó García

Well today is the day of the Olympics Ring Final.

Lets see those incredibles skills we are dreaming about, and the Gymnastic bodies we are trying to achieve.

I don't really know who are on finals, i hope jovtchev is there and that he could win a medal. Although the Chinese are great and even more in China!!!

And i also think THIS would be the right moment to release a book about gymnastic bodies if i had wrote one. :wink:

Chibeng, Jovchev, Vorobiov, Wei....Probably they will compeet for medals.

Vorobiov made a great progress, from the last compeetitions.

David Picó García

I saw in wikipedia Jovtchev is older than me (i'm 34), so my excuse of not been able to do some skills because of my age are broken :P

I also would like to see van gelder, just to see his incredible muscular development, although i like more the elegance of Jovtchev.

The exercise of Yibing Chen on the world champion was simply incredible, his holds were really static holds like a paused video without any swing movement of the rings :o

As i predicted...Little sad about Jovtchev but that's a sport.

My dream finals:

Chibeng

Jovtchev

Gelder

Vorobiov

Wei

Carmona

Safoshkin

Rodrigez/Irodotus

Ricky Dawson

Yibing was awesome, A very nice routine and great strength...

Was Jordan just not at his best or did something go wrong? i missed it over here in the UK.

One of our guys commentating referred to Wei as being 'slight in build'... :shock: oh my, i wish i could be that slight!!

I think Rodregues would have scored more if he didn't take the easy option of only two 'victorians' and both with a false grip... he clearly didn't want it bad enough (OBVIOUSLY A JOKE, they were very nice holds, very nice to see!!)

gets the blood pumping for a great training session.

Ricky, London

Jovtchev made a mistake.

about false grip...everybody uses. So where are deductions for chibeng, wei, gelder, everybody??? In all strenght and swing element gymnast use a false grip at a compeetition (at least the best) and there is no deduction for that (theoreticly you must, but nobody deduct).

Ricky Dawson

You did see what i wrote in CAPS right?

It was amazing to see the 'victorian' performed, the last time i looked it wasn't even in the skills, do we know if he got the credit for it? what is the ratig for a 'victorian'?

Ricky, London

Victorian or inverted swallow is at least 10 years in code of points, but from support. The value of victorian is E.

Coach Sommer

An amazing ring final. Chen Yibing is clearly in a class by himself. Videos clips of his performance at Beijing are not yet available, however here is Chen Yibing defending his World Title at the 2007 World Championships.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I don't agree with second and third place....Wei should be third and Vorobiov second. It's same on a p.bars for second and third place.

Coach Sommer

I agree with your comments on the rings placings. I am waiting until tonight to watch the PB and HB finals.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Didn't see yet? well some nice routines and a lot of disaponitet gymnasts. The best gymnast on a p.bars like in worlds (AMAZING!!!) and high bars has quite good competitors almost all the best.

i dont think danny rodrigues was rewarded fully for the difficulty of his routine. i mean the work he must have put in to master the victorian doesnt justify the points it is awarded. i managed to scoop a picture

l3319032.jpg

also johnny horton should have got gold on high bar. his routine and dismount were awesome

As i predicted...Little sad about Jovtchev but that's a sport.

My dream finals:

Chibeng

Jovtchev

Gelder

Vorobiov

Wei

Carmona

Safoshkin

Rodrigez/Irodotus

My dream finals:

Jovtchev

Wei

Chibeng

Jovtchev made mistakes but everybody knows he deserves at least two gold medals not only because he is incredible gymnast but because he is a great man outside the gym. Not to mention that he is 35 and playing with a chronic bicep tear (6,7 years) and the gymnastic conditioins in Bulgaria suck hard. He is the best.

No no i just explain my post, I didn't response on your comment :lol::lol:

And the post befor->I didn't read the whole post :roll:

David Picó García

well, i tried the link again and its working for me :D

Its a bit slow until it charges the movie