Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EURO+AUSSIE SEMINARS TSHIRT DESIGN

Alvaro Antolinez

Alvaro Antolinez

For the Mallorca seminar we are going to make some tshirts+hoddies (how do you spell that!) you brits and aussies wanna jump in?, a single design (locally modified of course) would be great. This is not the official Gymnastic bodies tshirt thread, we are not trying to make the perfect one just a cool enough to have as a souvenir.

For those who didn´t follow it, this is last year´s design:

5140098346_58ce1fd90c_z.jpg

by omeganter, on Flickr

Somebody said his father is an artist, I don´t know if he can donate :P:mrgreen: an easy sketch on something like this:

http://gymo.photoshelter.com/image/I0000X9qR5pdAQxA

Lets the ideas flow in!

pd. actually black is a better option than the colors I chose last year.

Mathias Flækøy

Just an idea, but what if you replace the "T" with the "Iron Cross Man" ?

I like the last year's way of drawing the iron cross man, using white, black and gray and unsharp edges. I guess the artist used a tablet or maybe a vector program, but anyway he/she made some nice brush choices.

Just my two ideas.

Quick Start Test Smith

Oohh! I really like bottom right. Very nice indeed! :)

Alvaro Antolinez

Great ideas so far! :D i really love the siluete style, maybe the FL not as much as the manna one.

Joshua Naterman

WOW! North Americans, we need to get on the ball!!!

Guys those shirts look AWESOME!!! I want them!

Niklas Slotte

deodatus - I really like the IC front! Simple and powerful!

Not so fond of the IC as a T idea, I just can't read it any other way than "Gymnas icbodies"

Mathias Flækøy

Niklas: You are absolutely right, I was afraid of that. Also, just ignore the bad-gramma-text. I was in a rush and had to fill something in :D

Quick Start Test Smith

I also like the one at the top of the page depicting the hands holding onto the rings. Very nice.

Very nice, Hannibal.

Alvaro Antolinez

The false grip is from last year's tshirts, I made them processing a pic. I have been trying to find a good pic on a malteser, good enough for a sketch to be clear. I think that would rock! Along that manna too;). Last year I didn't center the IC as I felt It was a bit weird just at the center of the chest :? . Maybe an inverted cross for this year?, this is going fast! :D

Found a picture of Gregor doing an invert Iron Cross. :) I had to work a little bit on drawing perfect vertical legs (he was rolling back at the time of shooting), but I think it's fine.

Three more front T-shirt versions.

Alvaro Antolinez

I like how it looks! :D the only downside is not an inverted cross is a giant (swinging) so the pose is not perfect, maybe close enough...? btw I like how it looks.

Joshua Naterman

The right front inverted cross design is perfect to me! If you can find one with the arms straight that would be better, but this is the best design to my eye.

Blythe Tait

The T-shirts are awesome!! I'm not a designer, but I'll definitely be purchasing one, whatever the final design is!! Can't WAIT for the seminar here in Oz!!!

Michael Miskelly

I put the Inverted cross and maltese images which I had used previously in the previous t-shirt design thread on these for you guys. Deodatus I used your design as a template, don't have the time to create my own so hope you don't mind.

Ignore the fact that there is a blatant box around where I cut and paste the maltese in :lol:

GBTEE.jpg

Joshua Naterman

Holy crap, those are awesome. If you guys make those, I will buy an XXL of each.

I put the Inverted cross and maltese images which I had used previously in the previous t-shirt design thread on these for you guys. Deodatus I used your design as a template, don't have the time to create my own so hope you don't mind.

Ignore the fact that there is a blatant box around where I cut and paste the maltese in :lol:

I like very much the inverted cross design, the one which is coming from the... heart level. :)

I don't mind you using the pictures I posted, I can send you a vector file (Illustrator CS5) for the IIC I used in my last samples, if you have more time and wanna play. Or for the high-manna.

I'd like to buy an XXL T-shirt, too. :)

Just a question: are you posterizing the pictures or build them from scratch with a vector editing software? I notice your pictures got shadows, which make them look even better.

Michael Miskelly

I just look for a well lit coloured image of a gymnast with good form, usually one of the chinese, then greyscale the image and decrease the colour depth to something like 3 or 4 shades of grey. This gives good shadows but still softens the overall appearance of the image, then I mess with it on photoshop until it looks decent adding shading and shadows/gradients. I will try find a good picture of a high manna to do it with and maybe a rings planche if i get the time.

Michael Traynor

Most of these designs are nice but a lot of them wouldn't work well as to the printing process, they may be concepts as in "i want a tshirt with a guy doing an inverted cross on it" but they are not designs per se.

Michael Miskelly

Could you lend your expertise to us breaks, I think I remember seeing somewhere before that you have experience in t-shirt printing or something related. What sort of designs lend themselves best to printing a tee? I admit I dont know the first thing about it.

Alvaro Antolinez

Well last year´s IC is from Breaks! He did a great job! are you in again Michael? :D

Michael Traynor

Yeah sure, I have been exchanging some messages and design elements with Coach so just to say, coach has not forgotten about the idea of t shirts. All I meant as far as people's designs go is that photoshopping each others designs to put different gymnastics positions over the top of them is good to get a flavour but we would need nice high resolution images to use for any real design and vectors would be better.

I'm keeping cards close to my chest atm but there are designs being worked through ;)