I say this because when you are a beginner you don´t know how to manage a steady state, or when to switch reps, sets , tempo or volume in a program, and this is paramount. My first year was almost lost because I didn´t know how to manage that points, I worked too close to my maximum 1rm also trying exercises too difficult for me (like multi plane as BOB said) and therefore I could´t get enough volume for fast gains.If you are forced to downgrade the pulling or pressing exercises to be able to get to 20 or more reps that are necessary in some WODs you are making faster improvements than if you keep trying your 2 or 3 pull ups by work out.
(viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6156#p54784)
Hello, everybody.
Unfortunately, this is so true.
I'm new to gymnastics strength, having just almost a week of some training, added (that is not merged yet in) to my regular calisthenics workout. For a beginner with no guidance, it is actually more difficult to sketch a good weekly workout than the workout itself. I've trained with weighted dips, weighted pull-ups and push-ups and, but I am sure that my current workout isn't getting the most out of me.
My regular calisthenics workout was pull-ups (15 sets x 10 reps, mostly weighted), dips (15 sets x 10 reps, mostly weighted) and pull-ups (8 sets x 25 reps regular or 10 sets x 15 reps diamond FX or 10 sets x 15 reps on push handles with grip as down to the waist as possible), two times a week for every exercise. Eventually I did some more with triceps extensions using bodyweight and very rare some ridiculous low-reps for core which a pregnant woman can do without any problem, so when I tried the L-sit I couldn't hold it for even a second… ![]()
However, after I decided to do gymnastics strength and seeing that I cannot do any FL, BL, HeSPU, planche (which are basic), not even the preparatory exercices for these, I said to myself that I must go and master the basics.
So at this time I am working on and improved just after a few days on the following:
– tuck FL (3 x 30s);
– skin the cats (3 x 8 reps);
– plank holds (1 min);
– reverse plank holds (1 min);
– hollow holds (1 min);
– arch holds (1 min);
– PB dip hold (2 x 1 min);
– Pull-up bar hold with knees at 90 degrees (2 x 1 min);
– candlesticks;
– vertical leg raises (3 x 8 reps with a little bit of swinging but straight elbows and back);
– L-sit on push-up handles (3 x 20 s)
– I think I can make some tuck pull-ups on bar, but haven't tried yet.
I've had to test myself with various new exercices, still my mind is blurred with regards to how should I continue. Thing is I did (almost) all that gymnastics workout I mentioned above right after the regular calisthenics workout. I've got a feeling that working gymnastics after regular calisthenics is a stupid idea, isn't it?
If there's any merciful soul
who could sketch or point me to a weekly workout for a poor beginner like me, I would pray to God for his strength up to XR levels, health and well-being for a month or even more.
I can figure out how to make the workout more difficult (or easier) for every single exercise, but I'm not able to write a Monday to Friday (Saturday) workout which to follow regularly, I just can't split all these exercices / days / sets / reps (minutes). That is because there's a huge difference between the regular calisthenics and gymnastic strength and I am not even training with regular exercices, but I have to train with preparatory workouts for the exercices, which is a story for itself...
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you very, very much even for taking your time with reading this, and, by the way, gb.com it's a fantastic forum.
Have fun.