Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

re: 2011 Australian GB Seminar

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

We are currently working out final details for a Melbourne based Gymnastic Bodies Seminar for Friday Sept 30 to Sun Oct 2, 2011.

It is looking promising! 8)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Graham Smith

I am immensely looking forward to this. Coach are you aware that the australian football grandfinal is on october 1st in Melbourne? This is pretty much the australian equivalent to your superbowl. As a result flights to melbourne tend to book up fast and be quite expensive for that weekend. Participation may be higher if you were able to do the weekend either side of this date. Either way i'll be there

Edward Smith

Sounds awesome.

Coach Sommer if any help is needed please PM.

Ed

Nic Scheelings

Totally forgot about the grandfinal, it used to be earlier in the year what the hell is with it not being in September? I just realised it may make hotels slightly more difficult, but i don't foresee this being a massive problem, If this is the best date then it is the best date, regardless of the grandfinal.

Coach Sommer

Thanks for the heads up on the Grand Final, however with my jam packed schedule the Sept 30-Oct 2 window works best. Perhaps we'll take advantage of this as an opportunity for you guys to introduce me to Australian soccer during one of the seminar's social outings.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Graham Smith

No Worries Coach,

Just let us know when things are solid so that those of us flying domestically to Melbourne can go ahead and book our tickets, those flights really do go fast.

Jaylene Deane

"Australian soccer''? :shock:

Yes, I think you do need an introduction Coach. :lol: Thanks, that made my day!

hahaha... aussie rules it's pretty far from soccer, cricket, rugby and anything else, I bet it's only comparable to gaelic football which is even less known outside of ireland.

Most soccer players are tinily puny compared to footy ones. Coach, that's hilarious, it's like thinking about field hockey while referring to lacrosse!!

Nic Scheelings

Haha yeah this made me smile. I mean in this country we call soccer, football half the time. So it's funny to hear AFL called Australian soccer. Is it blasphemous that I almost hope the cats don't make it this yr? I'd hate to miss it, but then again I'd still love to see them get just one more. Ah well cannot wait for September!

Coach Sommer

My apologies for the Australian Soccer gaffe :D. It sounds as though I personally will also be gaining some much needed education in Melbourne!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaylene Deane

Don't apologize Coach, its no problem! you'll understand when you see the violent awesomeness that is our national game! :twisted: Not as violent as it used to be though.

I wonder if you'll be a bit confused when you watch it, my Korean friend sat down to her first game a couple of years ago and observed:'It's big fight, are no rules in this game?'

And after watching some La Liga and Gridiron, I can see how she gets that idea...

• 3 weeks later...
Gavin Strelitz

Is there any way to get a breakdown of what is covered on each day? I will most probably miss day 1 due to work but then come through for days 2 and 3.

Just booked myself in. I am flying in from Perth so i'm going to try and book some flights this week before all the footy fans take them all.

For anyone else from perth - it would be really great to swap contact details over there and get to know each other. Perhaps some park training back in perth when summer hits? :)

Coach Sommer
... Is there any way to get a breakdown of what is covered on each day? ...

A very generalized syllabus of the three days of the GB Seminars is contained within the product description in the online store; although the order in which the various materials are presented is fluid from seminar to seminar. The actual syllabus which is only available to GB Seminar participants is 45+ pages long!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jaylene Deane

:cry: .... The boss not let me have time off cause it's on Grand Final weekend!

...apparently 'if you wanted time off then you should have booked it last year like everyone else.'

Damn it. :evil:

Have fun guys, I'll be at the next Aussie seminar come hell or high water.

Gavin Strelitz

I have got the day off work so I can come and am sorting it out now. At the moment Level 3 is well beyond me so I will certainly do Level 1 and will consider Level 2 when in Melbourne.

Unlucky Jaylene, next time.

Nicholas Sortino
I have got the day off work so I can come and am sorting it out now. At the moment Level 3 is well beyond me so I will certainly do Level 1 and will consider Level 2 when in Melbourne.

Unlucky Jaylene, next time.

Even if you don't feel at the level yet, all three days are worth it. Especially if you are traveling to get there. You will still learn so much every day, and be able to train at your level every day as well.

Gavin Strelitz

Cool, thanks for the perspective. I can always choose to add Day 3 while I am there.