Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beer

chingyvang

chingyvang

Does beer really make you fat and how bad/ good is the empty calories? I'm super skinny with fast metabolism but trying to melt away the tiny belly fat around my tummy. Can I still have Beer?

Joshua Naterman

Alcohol interferes with the body's ability to process body fat as energy. It doesn't take much alcohol to shut down the entire process for 24 hours and a LOT of alcohol can do worse, but if you're having a beer in the evening or something moderate like that you shouldn't have much trouble. FYI, people do tend to have their best results when they lay off the alcohol while they are actually trying to lose fat and then when they want to maintain they just stay moderate with it for the most part. Realistically, if you're having a beer a day you should be ok, more than that is asking to keep the fat! I'd suggest trying that for a few weeks and then trying 2 weeks of no beer at all and see what works better.

The belly fat around your tommy could be caused by too much cortisol. The beer will get this worse because almost everyone has some form of intolerance to gluten or other corn/grain derived products. This food intolerance will cause a release of cortisol when the food is consumed.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.