Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Secret Power of HS training"

Warrior'sSuite

whitemonkey

yes. there is more, as well as better, information here on the forum. don't waste your money.

Warrior'sSuite
yes. there is more, as well as better, information here on the forum. don't waste your money.

Buying it? I was thinking of downloading it but it didn't work and I had to become member of some site and hassle like that.

Nah I was just interested in some of the things he says appear in the dvd like the "handstand variations that will build a vise-like grip even when you don't think you're training your hands" and "Why your legs are three times stronger than your arms and how to correct this ratio".

I remember coming across some of Matt Furey's stuff years ago and laughing because most of it was stuff we did training in karate or what I came up with on my own at home. Training HeSPU and head bridges.

Seek elsewere for mastery but there IS power in HS training.

Warrior'sSuite
Matt Furey is a little south of sane - but he is great. He had a DVD out there on building Gorilla strength – the idea was so out there you just “had to see†what we was talking about (of course I resisted as he wanted money).

Furey’s real skills are in his wrestling where, I think, he was an all-American under Dan Gable but he took his efforts to the eastern style of striking/grappling martial arts and made a name there. He is like a lot of us and would probably fit in very well on the forum. But he has never been exposed to high level structured gymnastics, especially by a coach like the ones we have access to on the forum, beyond the basic levels used for sport training.

This is of course just what I know by word of mouth – I have seen him at a few wrestling camps and seminars. Many wrestlers have some basic exposure to tumbling, handstands, and rope climbing.

But his stuff is all “info commercial†but he has a unique way to draw you in with some of those claims. I tell you his Gorilla strength DVD just seemed so wild. HaHa!

Yeah, the guy is a good writer and he can make it interesting and lure you in, if it is even him that writes those articles that is.

Matt Furey is a little south of sane - but he is great. He had a DVD out there on building Gorilla strength – the idea was so out there you just “had to see†what we was talking about (of course I resisted as he wanted money).

Furey’s real skills are in his wrestling where, I think, he was an all-American under Dan Gable but he took his efforts to the eastern style of striking/grappling martial arts and made a name there. He is like a lot of us and would probably fit in very well on the forum. But he has never been exposed to high level structured gymnastics, especially by a coach like the ones we have access to on the forum, beyond the basic levels used for sport training.

This is of course just what I know by word of mouth – I have seen him at a few wrestling camps and seminars. Many wrestlers have some basic exposure to tumbling, handstands, and rope climbing.

But his stuff is all “info commercial†but he has a unique way to draw you in with some of those claims. I tell you his Gorilla strength DVD just seemed so wild. HaHa!

Yup, I had been doing some of matt fureys stuff before I found out about this site and the book. And real gymnastics for that matter.

So I would say that he has good tips for staying healthy, looking good, health in general, ect.. However for hardcore gymnastics stuff he is not quite in the same league. But I will say that he is good enough that you might find a couple tips that will be helpful that you did not know before.

Aurelio Paras

I downloaded that course at one time (I wasn't willing to fork out $120.)

haha, totally not worth the money. You can find all of the exercises on the internet. :lol:

And when he says this course will teach you to walk on your hands, you get the impression you will literally walk on your hands in a freestanding handstand. Nope. They're actually just cast wall walks. lol. He confuses HSPU's for HeSPU's..

Other than general fitness and longevity, I would avoid his courses.....He has a respectable amount of stamina and strength but no knowledge in training these kinds of maneuvers...

He seems ignorant to rep/set schemes, periodization and muscle balance. The only correct concept he holds concerning high level strength training is don't train to failure.

He has a good sense of humor though, hahaha. Check this video out. Watch the one on the bottom called "forks and knives".

http://mattfurey.com/videos.html