Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nutrition, should I worry about it?

Gustav

Hi everyone! I'm 14 years old and I have been doing gymnastic training for about 7-8 months.

I have never thought about nutrition but lately I started to wonder how my diet should be and if I should worry about it?

I'm 171 cm tall and weight about 52 Kg. I do sport 4 times a week and do training and WOD's 4 times a week aswell. My goals are to become better at all the gymnastic training and mabye get a bit bigger (I have heard that would come when I get a little older)

I eat pretty healthy and I just eat when i'm hungry. I also eat before and after workouts. Do you guys think I should worry about diet or should I just eat when i'm hungry and keep eating farly healthy because setting up a plan sounds pretty advanced when i'm 14 :)

Thanks everyone and good luck with your training :)

Best regards

Gustav

At your age eating when you are hungry is not a problem, assuming you are hungry.

Diet is important without doubt, but you will find that there are many different opinions on it, and most sources of info also have something to sell you.

Since you are young, start doing some research, look around the nutritional forum to get some good ideas of how to start.

Right now eat, and try to get good calories, fresh stuff, and not too many carbs.

At your age eating when you are hungry is not a problem, assuming you are hungry.

Diet is important without doubt, but you will find that there are many different opinions on it, and most sources of info also have something to sell you.

Since you are young, start doing some research, look around the nutritional forum to get some good ideas of how to start.

Right now eat, and try to get good calories, fresh stuff, and not too many carbs.

Ok thanks I will do so :) And I do eat pretty good. I eat breakfast, a snack at school, lunch, and when i get home i workout, eat 2-3 meals before dinner and mabye one after.

And I think i'm pretty healthy because I have always gotten healty food and I do alot of training :)

My BF is also very low. Haven't had a good mesurement, only a online calculator but it's about 6 % :)

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.