Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need some opinions

Genneric

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I just wanted to start by saying I'm finally gonna get my act together and start losing weight. I am considering using diet pills but am a little skeptical about it. I have done some research and am probably going to use the Slim9 all natural pill. If anybody has used it or any diet pill for that matter, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have read the Slim 9 review and found it could really benefit me, any other suggestions?? thanks

Quick Start Test Smith
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I just wanted to start by saying I'm finally gonna get my act together and start losing weight. I am considering using diet pills but am a little skeptical about it. I have done some research and am probably going to use the Slim9 all natural pill. If anybody has used it or any diet pill for that matter, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have read the Slim 9 review and found it could really benefit me, any other suggestions?? thanks

Welcome to the forums, Genneric. :)

I don't think a diet pill will do you any good. I will let the more experienced forum members go into detail, but I suggest you start eating strictly paleo. marksdailyapple.com is a great resource.

Looking for the easy way out? Sorry to break it to you, but most diet pills are full of $*@!. Not that they're bad for you, I just mean that they don't do nearly as much as you think they will. My stepdad has tried a few and nothing has really ever happened.

Weight loss is caused by your body expending more energy than it takes in. Eating healthy isn't a bad idea either. Without going into too much detail, you'll want to generally eat less and start exercising.

I would recommend a weightlifting or gymnastics form of exercise with a little bit of long walks or short jogs. The reason I say short jogs (I don't know how heavy/unhealthy you are, so it might not apply) is because some very heavy people can damage their joints by starting activities like jogging too fast. People don't understand how unhealthy they really are until they learn that a slight jog is more harmful than good. Of course, gymnastics training is the same. Take it slow and work up, or you will get hurt.

To get your diet on track, there are only a few things you need to do. Stop eating fast food, if you already do. Foods like BK's quarter pounder aren't necessarily the healthiest choice. Good foods to keep in stock at home are eggs, wheat breads, fruits and vegetables, etc. You know what healthy is, you just have to make the choice to change your lifestyle. If you're serious enough to consider a diet pill, then you know eating differently isn't that big of a step. If you like fruit, make smoothies. Not a fan of salad? Don't worry, salads are not a diet staple. Of course there are some foods to avoid, ones with high amounts of calories, carbs, fats, or sugars. It might sound dramatic, because that's basically everything, but the key here is that you don't remove them from your diet. Rather, you have them in moderation. Plus, as a side note, once you start eating healthy for a week or so while rejecting the bad foods you might have in the house, your attitude will change. It will only get easier to make the right decisions, and at some point, you might not even like to eat certain foods any more. Let me end this with the classic "there is no magic pill."

What would be really great is if you were to go to the workout logs section and started a log of what you ate for the day and what exercise you did. Besides that I'd be more than happy to help you, the other forum members are friendly and even more knowledgeable than me. If you update it every day, it'll remind you to keep making the right decisions and give you somewhere to put your thoughts. It can be whatever you want it to be, really.

Good foods to keep in stock at home are eggs, wheat breads, fruits and vegetables, etc. You know what healthy is, you just have to make the choice to change your lifestyle.

To be honest most people do not know what is healthy or not. Wheat breads is definately not.

If you're serious enough to consider a diet pill, then you know eating differently isn't that big of a step. If you like fruit, make smoothies

Smoothies are such a bad way to lose fat unless you are really obese.

Instead of writing out an entire guideline, it would be cool to know what you have planned so far and then work from there :) I'd not use the diet pill because it shouldnt be necessary. We're not talking a 3 week weight loss on pills and then that's it. Shit like that does not last. Since you sound like you really need to lose some weight, it's more of a lifestyle change than going on some quick diet. Be ready to make some changes and you will see big results, without letting go of your favorite foods of course, moderation is the key there.

Wheat breads aren't healthy?

Sounds like you need to take a look at the beforementioned books as well, Seiji ;)

Please do update and ask questions! The best you can do for yourself now is read those 2 books and report back with a plan and we can then comment on it and give some sound advice hopefully :D