Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand and hip-flexors

Bruno Cochofel

Bruno Cochofel

Hi, I'm trying to understand the right body-line in HS, and I've noticed that is difficult for me to take notice of the right hip and tights alignment.

I guess when I'm upside down I lose track of my hip-flexors :-)

Is there any key point that I can focus to be able to correctly align my tights and hip?

Joshua Naterman

On the "portaldo" youtube channel there is a good video on handstand alignment. http://www.youtube.com/portaldo

Also, doing your wall handstands with stomach facing the wall is a great way to teach yourself how to keep hollow hips. This is very hard to learn when your back is against the wall.

Bruno Cochofel
Also, doing your wall handstands with stomach facing the wall is a great way to teach yourself how to keep hollow hips. This is very hard to learn when your back is against the wall.

Thx, my problem is I must first handle the front roll-over because I can't :(

you dont have to roll forward.

when you feel yourself falling forward, take one "step" forward with your hand and bring your legs down on that side. I think its called a pirouette.

eg take a step forward with your right hand and then bend at the hips while bringing your legs down to your right side.

Or simply bring one leg down to the side like a cartwheel. One leg steps down, then the other.

A basic cartwheel and roll give you options of bailing out.