This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110221

Started by Coach Sommer, February 21, 2011 · 19 Replies · 2,972 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Run

20’ Wheels

60 sec Swinging Dips

20’ L-sit walks

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Move immediately from the HS Wall Runs to the Wheels.

2) After the Wheels move immediately to the Swinging Dips.

3) After the Swinging Dips move immediately to the L-sit Walks.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

5) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Alexander Moreen

Is it okay in HS wall runs to touch the opposite sides shoulder rather than the same side? I can barely touch my shoulder with that sides hand standing.

Leandro

my wod:

4 rounds of

2 sets of 30s HS wall runs

20s clap pushups

2 sets of 30s swings on pbars with some dips

20s walking on pbars tucked

Mats Trane

Just an amazing workout! Hope I got some strenght left for tomorrow.

Stewart Whaley

WU:

60 sec arch and hollow holds

60 sec frogstand

60 rev planche

10 pushups

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Run

10 plyo pushups

60 sec Ring Dips first 2 sets then 2 x 10 assisted Russians on dip station

60 sec L-sit XR 2 sets then moved down to dip bars 2 sets

Wrist Pushups series

Josh Schmitter

4 rounds of:

30s wall runs/30s handstand hold on wall unbroken

10 p-ups on knees with a small hop at the top

5 negative dips

20 steps L-sit walk, 1 leg elevated(alt)

closed with 2x10 wrist push ups on knees...funny how I can do these with no pike now, but I

Notes:

-Next time I will break it up the wall runs as leandro did(thanks).

-As for the push ups this is the best I can do...was debating doing these against a wall or elevated surface as I think I'm too weak to get a real dynamic benefit this way...any thoughts welcome.

-My dipping strength is pathetic to being with...about 3 perfect dips when I'm completely fresh. So after the wall runs and push ups I could barely push out of a partial. I just don't know what to sub here, or if I should just stay with what i'm doing and focusing on building up dip strength during strength and embedded days. This is slightly unrelated, but I found in the pre-requisite post about having decent dip strength before HeSPu so I was thinking on handstand ladder days, is it ok to sub dip variations in place of the HeSPu stuff(which was pike push ups for me) until strength is built up.

thanks for anything :). Just feeling bombarded with a little too much info over the past few weeks...

Alexander Moreen

Just work on pbar swings for a while. Work on getting a good controlled swing to 45 or above with no hip piking front or back. Just add some more dip strength work throughout the week.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Warmup:

300m Row

12 Shoulder Dislocate

12 Beat Swings

12 Pushups

12 Ring Rows

15s HS Hold

Fundamental Static Positions:

3 x 1 L-Sit (Floor; 20s, 15s, 15s)

WOD:

4 Rounds:

60s Wall Runs

20' Moving Clapping Pushups

60s XR Support Hold (XR swinging dips just didn't work well today)

40' L-Sit Walks (1 foot up; 1 foot on trolley)

Rest 2 mins

Finish with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups.

I think I'll be able to start walking without the trolley soon. I tested 10' and I did it. I scaled still next time I'll give it a shot for 1 round.

Mark Wyly

A brutal return from my recovery week. I thought the harder part would be to get myself out of the recovery mindset, and once I started the workout it would get easier...nope, just got harder :mrgreen:

Four rounds as prescribed, had to use rings for swinging dips, which I found much more challenging then PB swings. 20' l sit walks at the end of this were some of the most challenging l sit walks i've done thus far.

Good workout, definetly raised my heart rate, and definetly took me out of my recovery phase.

Thanks Coach.

Kenneth Manning

Todays WOD

60 sec HS wall runs x 4 sets

Single clap pushups x 10,10,10,9+1

swinging dips x 12,12,10+2,8+4

L sit on PB (Low) x 20 sec x 4 sets

2x10 wrist pushups

-did 12 dips during first set of swinging dips in 60 sec, so I just stuck with that rep number. Trying to look at the clock while swinging and dipping has always proven to be a pain. I need to get a timer clock with alarm.

Michael Traynor

Brutal WOD today :)

muchly fun though :D

Thanks Coach!

Cole Dano
Lavastine said:
Is it okay in HS wall runs to touch the opposite sides shoulder rather than the same side? I can barely touch my shoulder with that sides hand standing.

Its ok, but it sounds like you may have a mobility issue that needs attention.

Alvaro
TANSTAAFL said:

-My dipping strength is pathetic to being with...about 3 perfect dips when I'm completely fresh. So after the wall runs and push ups I could barely push out of a partial. I just don't know what to sub here, or if I should just stay with what i'm doing and focusing on building up dip strength during strength and embedded days. This is slightly unrelated, but I found in the pre-requisite post about having decent dip strength before HeSPu so I was thinking on handstand ladder days, is it ok to sub dip variations in place of the HeSPu stuff(which was pike push ups for me) until strength is built up.

It happens almost the same to me, what I have been doing wrong with this particular WOD is to fail to scale down completely (down to ridiculous if you wish!). I used to do full dips (2 or three) and full push ups. As this WOD is more about strength resistance (maybe some one can correct me if is something else) you must aim to the total times of each exercice. My work was:

3x (I was late for lunch so had to cut it, also I was completely smoked LOL)

-50 or 60 sec of HS wall runs (depending which round), these ones where regular wall runs.

- 20 explosive push ups from the knees (yes this is lame but 2 WODs ago I could only do like 10)

- 50 sec dips, using 2 chairs and with the feet in L position at first, after maybe 15 sec I had to put my feet under my butt to keep going!. This almost finished me.

-20 AG walk swings(like walking but not walking at all due to lack of space :lol: ), I suppose I should do more of this ( 30 maybe?) but I was unable!.

1 x 10 wrist push ups at the warm up.

Today (next day ) I have a nice pec stiffness(and some triceps...), I´ll try some tennis ball massage later :?

Josh Schmitter

lavastine - thanks, I will try to swing on my chairs a little, but I don't have anything else right now. I am also incorporating a lot of dip isometrics, and other dip work throughout the week.

omegant-ha, you are still ahead of me. For your 50s of dips are you doing partials or negatives or what? I will keep on trucking through, doing negatives and jumping dips and working strength stuff other times during the week.

-I guess I am still torn between the 'scale down as much as possible and follow the WOD reps' as coach says, and feeling that my basic strength is not enough(even at the lowest scaled down level) for me to benefit from the dynamic element.

Thanks for the input.

-tanstaafl-

Alvaro

From 2 chairs I do dips till I touch the ground (with my butt!)but my legs are resting at the floor(weird he?). First 15 sec are like nothing but then... It is the only way to keep doing dips for a min.

Josh Schmitter
omegant said:
From 2 chairs I do dips till I touch the ground (with my butt!)but my legs are resting at the floor(weird he?). First 15 sec are like nothing but then... It is the only way to keep doing dips for a min.

So you're legs are on the ground the whole time, like partial assist? I do those as well sometimes. And I imagine your chairs are super low or are you going through some kind of crazy muscle up negative transition on chairs? ha.

Alvaro

not really tall chairs, :roll: . Yes is like an assist, more half assist than partial! just to keep doing dips for a min.

Cole Dano

You can also just work the swings with little or no dip.

Eddie Stelling

WU: Ido's Shoulder Routines

FSP:

4x15s Straddle L (low)

3x25s tuck FL

2x60s Adv. Frog stand

1x60s reverse push up

3x22s Adv. Tuck BL

3x20s L-sit (floor)

3x25s PL lean

1x45s, 1x30s XR-support

4 rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Run

20' wheels (in the grass, feet on a piece of cardboard, horrible shoulder flexibility in this motion, did the best I could)

60 sec Ring Dips (12, 6, 6 with quick rest was around 60s)

20' L-sit walks (feet on piece of cardboard)

-Additional AB work

-2x10 Wrist Pushups

Gerald Mangona

Dynamic Push 01

WOD - 110221

Perform:

4 Rounds

60 sec HS Wall Run

20’ Wheels

60 sec Swinging Dips

20’ L-sit walks

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

FSP Warmups

FSP Plank 2 x 15s

FSP Reverse Plank 2 x 15s

FSP Assisted Chin Hang 2 x 15s

FSP XR Support RTI 2 x 15s

FSP Arch 2 x 30s

FSP Hollow Arch 2 x 30s

FSP Diamond PushUp Hold 3 x 20s

Tricep Extension (2lbs.) - Each Arm 30

Plank Leans (for bicep tendon) 60s

Pre-WOD Strength Work

Pull-up Sets - 2 sets, 5 rounds

2-2-2-2-2

Rest 5 min.

2-2-1.5-1.5-1 (+1 negative rep)

WOD

60 sec Modified Wall Run (Plank)

10 Clapping Push-Ups on Knees

30 sec Swinging Dips

20’ Modified Ag Walks (butt on frisbee)

Notes

Wall Runs in a plank definitely leaves me winded.

Because of all the tendon issues, I did all floor work with my fists instead of palms.

I did the clapping pushups on a couch to provide shock absorbing on the way down (landing on fists). Probably made it easier, but better than nothing.

60s of swinging dips? Ha. Went with 30s of swinging support holds.

Added the 2nd round of pull-ups.

Will bring back wrist conditioning after 4 weeks of total rest. Right now the ACE bandage is back on the wrist, isolating it from movement.

=============================