Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HCL acid test- feeling

Razz

Hey guys

So since yesterday I've started doing HCL/digestive supplements with meals. I'm however a bit confused of how the feeling you get when reaching your limit is supposed to feel. I feel something different but it's not a warm feeling in any way so I haven't scaled down the amount of pills. Will I clearly feel when I've reached my limit or is it just a small weird feeling that I barely notice?

Hope to hear from someone with experience with this, thanks!

I don't get the 'warm feeling' either. To me, it's more like a tiny bit of acid reflux felt at the base of the oesophagus. You should try it on an empty stomach (be conservative with the number of pills you take for this experiment ;)) - when I did that I felt an almost immediate reaction. The same reaction is also there when you use the pills together with your meal but it's kind of 'masked' by the sensation of the food in your stomach (in my case at least). But once you know what to 'look for', it becomes a bit easier. Still, I find it hard to know how many pills I need. I started out with about four per meal and have decreased the amount slowly over time. At the moment I don't use them anymore but I still have a couple left so every once in a while I'll take one or two with a good meal or PWO, just to make sure that I get all my nutrients.

So far I've noticed a massive difference in my stool. Shall be fun to see how this goes. So there shouldn't be any risk by taking 1 pill on an empty stommach? So far haven't done more than 3/meal still.

I've been playing around with these too. Sometimes, I can feel it but I almost have to be meditating to notice the feeling it seems like. Poliquin said a lot of people get to five.

So far I've noticed a massive difference in my stool. Shall be fun to see how this goes. So there shouldn't be any risk by taking 1 pill on an empty stommach? So far haven't done more than 3/meal still.

In the category 'most mentions of his stools in posts' ------ RAZZ!

Hey all joking aside, what kind of difference?

I'd be very interested to hear how it works after a week, month etc....

I have been taking it for a couple months. Much better digestion and no bloating. Also much easier times in the rest room. A bit more frequent as well..

Interesting event, I noticed it helps break down lactose as well. I had some cheese, enough to cause a reaction to it, I took hcl a few moments after feeling the reaction beginning and it seemed to ease the problem.

I also noticed the difference in 'stool', mainly the odour which became a lot less 'intense' :D I've taken the HCl pills or a couple of months, gradually decreasing from 4 or 5 pills per meal to 0. This was really based more on intuition than anything else but it seems to have worked well - I still experience the same benefits. Like I said, I do still take some of them every now and then, when I want to make sure everything is digested properly.

I got a bottle of Poliquin's Multi Intense multivit last week and I noticed that there's a bit of betaine HCl in there as well. Most likely to make sure all vitamins and minerals actually get absorbed. I think that's very clever.

In the category 'most mentions of his stools in posts' ------ RAZZ!

Hey all joking aside, what kind of difference?

I'd be very interested to hear how it works after a week, month etc....

Hey, don't forget other people mentioning my stool too! :mrgreen: Actually I found a name for what I suffered with the fish oil once, but can't remember it. Anyways it's a legit syndrome caused by too much fat (or bad digestion I guess). Ok back on track, my stool is buoyant now, it used to sink like a rock. Also I'm less bloated but beware, this could be placebo!! Since there is not a lot of science on the subject that I know of and no precise way without expensive doctor bills, I'm trying it out and we'll see how it goes. As I'm trying to lean out now it may not be the best time, I can imagine it might be better for mass gain periods.

Most of the traditional medicine systems place quite a bit of emphasis on digestion, which is reflected in the quality of ones stool.

There is even a British weight loss show where the hostess has the participants bring her samples of their stool. Its important!

Its one of the reasons i knew i had to get back on meat, which has helped, but its still erratic for me. Which is why HCL sounds interesting, i've tried enzymes, but they don't help much in my case.

One other thing that most traditional systems say, is eating at night is bad for the digestion, which goes in the face of most modern thinking of pile more in and grow.

I tend to naturally be a night eater, its when i can relax, and when i don't eat a night the next mornings stool is more often than not of higher quality.

Joshua Naterman

The HCL is most important during high protein meals. Our bodies tend to handle carbs pretty easily. Fats would require a lipase supplement to boost digestion if, for some reason, the body isn't making enough lipase AND stomach pH is ideal.

Cole: Enzymes can't do their work if the stomach pH is off, which is what the HCL helps correct. Do you know what the status of your stomach pH is?

Joshua Naterman

I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure I have read Poliquin's suggested method for testing that before! it might be some kind of lab test, I don't know if there are any home versions.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.