Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budgeting for the next Seminar

Michael Traynor

Michael Traynor

Hello i'm not sure if I should put this somewhere else but I figure as most of the seminars have been in Arizona and therefore the highest population of people who would know the answers to my questions would be in this area of the forum :)

I am very keen to go to the seminar in May and as such need to budget now:

Which airport do you fly to to be closest to the right area there seems to be lots of airports in AZ

Does anyone have a ballpark figure of hotel costs etc for a week, i'm talking a bed and a shower and an estimate to the closest $100 or so?

Is food particularly expensive in AZ? i've never been to the USA.

Thanks for any and all help!

Nicholas Sortino

Pheonix Airport would probably be the best one to fly into. Luckily it is also the biggest in the state.

Hotels in Scottsdale range anywhere from $45/night to about $150/night depending on where and how nice a place you want.

Food is really dependent on what you want to eat... I wouldn't plan on spending less than $30/day (likely more) if you dont want to eat junk. This could be less if your room has a fridge (and maybe cooking stuff) and you can get stuff from a grocery store instead of eating out. The majority of American hotel rooms have a mini fridge and small microwave and coffee pot in in them. Just look it up before you book a room. I see some decent places in the $60-70/night range on Hotels.com.

Hi Nick & Breaks!

Thanks for the info. Also planning to go if I can get the time off.

If I remember right, coach said that precious seminar attendies get a discount? Can you remember?

Michael Traynor

Yes that's right it's detailed in the store on here and it's 50% off the already discounted price making each day $175 which is fantastic and may help me to offset the obscene flight costs :)

Thanks for the info nick :)

Nicholas Sortino

Also, if you stay at a cheaper hotel, don't expect much more than some fruit and coffee for breakfast. Probably bagels, maybe cereal. Some cheaper ones have scrambled "eggs" and some sorta mediocre breakfast sausage.

Don't expect a breakfast like in Mallorca at a cheap motel.

Joshua Naterman

You will get a fantastic breakfast at the Hampton Inn Suites. It's the same distance from the gym as the Thunderbird but it is nicer and the complimentary breakfast is awesome. Best I've had in a hotel, honestly. From what I have noticed, the cost is similar. More people will be staying at the Thunderbird, so that is a better place for the socially inclined as far as I know.

Nicholas Sortino

Hampton Inns are usually good quality with a pretty decent breakfast. I was looking at it if I come

Michael Traynor

Yeah, if I can afford the trip then I will likely stay in the hotel that the majority of people are staying in, that was really great in Mallorca, just trying to get a ballpark of how much I will have to have saved so I know wether to get my hopes up or not ;)

Isn't Coach Sommer working to put a deal together with a hotel?

Thunderbird's breakfast was pretty insipid! But the social side was great. I think both Hampton and Thunderbird have refrigerators in the rooms, this was very helpful.

In any case Breaks, budget wise, for planning, i'd estimate $80-$100 a night for the hotel. Food is less expensive in the states, plus the exchange rate is favorable.

(i'm moving this to the public area as others may want to see this.)

• 3 weeks later...

an idea if you really want to save some money is sharing a room. seriously all you need to is a place to shower and crash. not really an option if you bring the gf with you, though.