Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Missing Article

DSears

Coach Sommer,

In the articles sections there is one entitled: Gymnastics as Conditioning – The Journey but the link doesn't work. Is that article available somewhere? I'd like to read it.

Thanks,

David

coach is currently working on this article and it isnt finished yet. i think it will be ready in the near future?

Coach Sommer

Gentlemen,

It is ready now. What I am currently evaluating are secure platforms from which to offer the first book in a digital format. Security is of course a primary concern. Any suggestions?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

The only problem I see with offering the book as an e-book is that it will invariably end up freely (illegally) available on a torrent download site. Is that something you have considered?

Paul.

langdon0555

Will there not be an actual hard copy now? I got to be honest i would much rather have a in hand hard copy then a e-book.

David Picó García

in www.lulu.com usually offers the books for download or printed if you want, usually with different prices, is the web who does all the process of printing once the book is ordered (so there is no stock).

Coach Sommer

On further exploring the possibility of an e-book, it appears that this is not a viable option. The e-books seem to provide little to no security.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

On further exploring the possibility of an e-book, it appears that this is not a viable option. The e-books seem to provide little to no security.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Printed books aren't much different in regards to security. As Vinstorr said, pirates still scan the hard copies and put them online. A high-profile example is the Harry Potter novel that was published last year. The finished product was stolen by someone working in a warehouse/stockroom and pictures of all the pages/text were put online days before the official release of the book, despite all the security measures taken. The music, movie, and publishing industries have been largely unsuccessful in combating pirating, so it's pretty much inevitable these days for in demand products to show up on torrent sites soon after release. It just may take a few days/weeks more for a printed book vs. an e-book to show up online.

Having said that, though, I can understand your reluctance to release an e-book. I just hope this doesn't mean a longer wait for the printed version. Perhaps dropping the e-book idea might even speed up the progress on the other. I've already set aside the money to buy a copy to go with the Xtreme Rings I've already purchased.

Edward Smith

Printed books aren't much different in regards to security. As Vinstorr said, pirates still scan the hard copies and put them online. A high-profile example is the Harry Potter novel that was published last year. The finished product was stolen by someone working in a warehouse/stockroom and pictures of all the pages/text were put online days before the official release of the book, despite all the security measures taken. The music, movie, and publishing industries have been largely unsuccessful in combating pirating, so it's pretty much inevitable these days for in demand products to show up on torrent sites soon after release. It just may take a few days/weeks more for a printed book vs. an e-book to show up online.

Yes, will there might be a risk even with hard copies it would be nothing like Harry Potter. Harry Potter is/was an international hit, Coach Sommer may be a popular strength coach/author but he isn't a worldwide phenomenon (sorry to burst your bubble Coach :wink: ), so I very much doubt there will be such an aggresive 'desire' for the book. Plus I bet Coach Sommer has alot less people involved in the book production and distribution so there is less chance of it being leaked.

Just my two cents,

Ed

P.S Coach if you disagree with any of my points please feel free to correct me

George Launchbury

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that it will probably end up out there at some point, eBook or not.

However, it is my opinion that the sort of person who downloads from torrent sites/P2P software are looking for free stuff of interest, where the primary requirement is that it is free. They are not likely to buy Coach's book if they can't find it ...they will download another eBook that is free. They are not potential customers however you look at it.

The majority of people looking to read Coach's books will be those coaching/training gymnastics and will likely have a better moral standard borne out of their natural (or acquired) hard work and discipline. Not to mention a high regard for Coach Sommer himself.

Although I like to think everyone enjoys an actual book, there are definitely some pro's for a PDF version:

> people are more likely to buy if they don't have to wait

> they shouldn't need to pay for delivery

> the seller can't run out of stock (as long as server stays up)

> will usually be a little cheaper

> can search for specific words/phrases

> add sticky notes

> multiple book marks

> highlight text

> read it on your screen so your boss thinks your working :)

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Cheers,

George.

Guest Brusi

Ok guys Smile

Please stop playing the good cop :P

Can you honestly say that you have never downloaded and/or used torrents ?

Think about it :):P

David Picó García

Of course, but after all this time waiting for the book, i'll pay for it as soon as it will be avalaible. Im sure all people who is really interested will pay for it. I prefer a pdf because im from europe and ill have to wait for the shipment. Of course is more secure in paper cause not everybody is going to scan it, and send a pdf to rapidshare is really easy.

I think it would be great to make a bundle rings + book as other do with a dvd, so people that are alredy paying for the rings will pay an extra for the book.