Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

progression question

dvldog1/1

Brand new here. Quick history. Age39, former Marine infantry, currently a professional firefighter. Strength and conditioning lifestyle for about 25 years now. I've been doing kettlebells for about 10 years. I started BtGB about 2 months ago and love it. My first question(s) is about when to progress to next step/exercise. I've searched the forum, but I still have a little confusion. For the static holds, do I progress when I can hold a static exercise for 30 or sixty seconds non-stop? For the dynamic strength exercises, if I can do 3x3 do I continue that for a steady state cycle for a few weeks, or work my way to 5x5 then do that for a SSC? In the book it doesn't mention German hangs as a prerequisite before beginning front lever progressions, but I believe I read that you need to on the forum. Should I stop working the front lever tucks until I can do german hangs for 30 or 60 seconds? I can do front lever tucks for sets of 20-30 seconds on those now. As I read it, I should be starting with the easy exercises, then progress through each one in the order shown in the book, is that correct? At this point I am working through step one on: front lever tucks, back lever tucks, frog stands, L-sit tucks, straddle tucks. On step two for PPPups, elevated XR rows, single bar dips, regular pull-ups. Still doing kettlebells for conditioning on non BtGB days.

Thank you for your any input.

It is 60 for tuck and advanced tuck as well as MSH and Straddle Variations. 15 for things like straddle planche and so on. I started back levers and front levers together. If you are doing SSC, you don't change anything until you are done. Once you are, reevaluate yourself and that is your new cycle. Hope that answered some.

• 3 weeks later...

One more question. One of the replies above mentioned that once you can hold certain static positions for 60 seconds straight, you move on to the next progression. I reread BtGB SSC section and it seem to imply that once you can hold any static hold for 15 seconds, you progress to the next exercise. Which is correct?

Semper Fi

Yes, that is very confusing.

the old dragondoor article states that you are to hold 60s for the early progressions and 15s is sufficient for straddle and beyond while the book does not state this.

most of us from the seminars are sticking to the old article.

• 3 weeks later...