Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Iron cross trainers

Tyson

Hey forum,

I was interested in getting some iron cross trainers and the only ones I could find were $130. I'm posting to see if anyone knows where you can get them for even cheaper. I went through the past thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1397&hilit=cross+trainers

and on the first page Blairbob posted a link:

http://patrickhdonnelly.blogspot.com/20 ... ainer.html

to a DIY method but the link was off access to me, could Blairbob or someone else get me access to this blog?

Lastly if anyone has used cross trainers and the elite strength trainers which did you find more beneficial? And what one would you recommend?

Well, Patrick is a forum member on PerformanceMenu.com. Try contacting him over there.

For now, get some gymnastic straps or make some. Mr. Blanton goes over how to do IC training with them in the following video. Very cheap, common solution in gyms.

esGLMgbR4Ig

Those look a lot like the loop webbing I got at REI, which I have used for anchoring stuff like carabiners to various fixtures throughout the garage. (Supposed to be used for anchoring carabiners for rock climbing.) The price is pretty good at REI, and the webbing is very strong, given its intended purpose. Some of the gymnastics straps are expensive on-line at gym supply sites, as you had to buy a whole set.

Great video BlairBob.

Straps are an incredibly versatile tool.

They are easy to make, slack line nylon webbing is one option.

There is also a yoga strap available that uses a stainless buckle, its easily strong enough to support your body weight. These are also versatile as you can adjust the length for a wide variety of uses. The down side is any excess strap is just hanging there. I use both types, sewn and adjustable.

I don't want to spam the forum, but if anyone wants to know where to get the extra strong yoga straps, shoot me a PM.