Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ankle pronation and supination resistance device?

Cole Dano

Coach has mentioned a particular device to be used for strengthening the ankle in supination and pronation. Does anyone recall what its called, or can it be described, shown?

Mr. Brady, do you know what gravity drops are? If I understand the use for this device correctly, I think gravity drops can achieve the same results without any equipment. I first learned about gravity drops from the Egoscue method.

That's a nice vid!

The one thing i'd add is finding a way to flex the foot under load, either hooking to a wall, or just putting the foot on the thigh and pulling from the sole side of the foot.

Hartzel is a real character, it would would be interesting to take one of his courses.

yuri marmerstein
That's a nice vid!

The one thing i'd add is finding a way to flex the foot under load, either hooking to a wall, or just putting the foot on the thigh and pulling from the sole side of the foot.

Hartzel is a real character, it would would be interesting to take one of his courses.

Dick Hartzel is amazing. you haven't lived until you've met him in person.

A very good and simple exercise we happend to discover in my gym is the one legged tibialis toe raise leaning against the wall.

Simply stand with your back against the wall and stand on one leg - your foot somewhere around 20-80 cm away from the wall. Keep your leg straight and slowly raise your toes towards the ceiling, lower under control to the ground. If it is too easy, increase the distance of your foot from the wall and vise versa. Perform the required reps. Change legs and repeat.

This exercise is very simple and doesnt require any equipment. It works because of a small bone called Calcaneus that protrude from the backside of our foot - our heel. This small protuberance allows for a lever to occur around the ankle joint when we perform the exercise - hence lifting the toes up.

Side to wall for pronation and supination?