Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Painless Protein Supplement

Quick Start Test Smith

Quick Start Test Smith

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get my nutrition on track (although it is good for the most part), and in the process I am going to cut out ALL fruit juices that I drink and increase water and tea consumption. The main difficulty in this will be with my protein supplements, which I consume nearly every day and up to 60g per day. Because of the horrible taste and texture of the powder, I am "forced" to take it in juice to be able to bear it. It's really, really repulsive, but I force it down for the sake of performance...

Can anyone here recommend a protein supplement that can be taken in water, or some healthy liquid, that the mere smell of does not make you want to throw up? :?

Thanks. Any response is VERY much appreciated... just thinking about that powder makes me feel sick.

Quick Start Test Smith
trueprotein.com

Thanks, Triangle! That website might be what I'm looking for.

I forgot to mention, though, that I think I am allergic to milk and am seeking a non-milk source of protein powder.

Casein allergies are bad stuff. Make sure you figure out if it's lactose intolerance or casein allergy?

Egg protein powder is like flour. I'd recommend just boiling a bunch of eggs during the morning and night for the day/next day. Or jerky. Maybe nuts. I'm kind of skeptical of nuts for a few reasons.

Quick Start Test Smith

Triangle, that website is absolutely phenomenal.

Casein allergies are bad stuff. Make sure you figure out if it's lactose intolerance or casein allergy?

Egg protein powder is like flour. I'd recommend just boiling a bunch of eggs during the morning and night for the day/next day. Or jerky. Maybe nuts. I'm kind of skeptical of nuts for a few reasons.

I don't have any of the typical digestion or stomach problems that I've read are associated with lactose intolerance, but casein allergy seems very likely. I've cut down on my milk intake to about 1.5 cups per day and not only does my facial skin feel better, I feel more clear headed than normal and my congestion is better. I'm thinking about getting my blood tested to find out.

I love eggs and eat them as often as I can, but I'm afraid to eat them every single day because of the risk of developing an allergy to them.

Patrick,

You could try putting cocoa powder (not drinking chocolate) into your protein powder, or else putting coconut cream in your shake (or both of these). For the coconut cream I suggest putting roughly a ratio of 1:3 or 1:2 of coconut cream to water.

Ed

I don't have any of the typical digestion or stomach problems that I've read are associated with lactose intolerance, but casein allergy seems very likely. I've cut down on my milk intake to about 1.5 cups per day and not only does my facial skin feel better, I feel more clear headed than normal and my congestion is better. I'm thinking about getting my blood tested to find out.

I love eggs and eat them as often as I can, but I'm afraid to eat them every single day because of the risk of developing an allergy to them.

Isn't that a myth?

If not, my 3 years of eating 4-5 eggs for breakfast probably isn't very reassuring.

Nicholas Sortino

Isn't that a myth?

If not, my 3 years of eating 4-5 eggs for breakfast probably isn't very reassuring.

I have a hard time believing it. I know of some people who nothing but beef. That is almost literally the only food they eat. Been doing it for years too.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.