Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Australia GB Seminar

Edward Smith

Following the fantastic success of the European Seminar, I thought I might as well put up a post for people in Australia to register their interest at having a seminar in Australia.

Ed

Gentlemen,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and, even though I am still somewhat jetlagged from Spain :), if there is sufficient interest and the logistics appear workable (scheduling, suitable facility, housing, transportation etc.) this certainly is something that can be discussed. Be aware however, that at this time of the year my schedule becomes quite full with competitions and the day to day training demands of my own full time athletes for quite some time to come. For a 2011 Australian GB Seminar to come to fruition would require a substantial time commitment from all involved.

In order to move forward, the first order of business would be to locate a suitable facility and to establish an interest list (email me at CoachSommer@GymnasticBodies.com). From there we would begin to examine facility availbility dates and see if there are any opportunities for integrating those dates with the demands of my own schedule. At a minimum I estimate that we would be looking at a February time frame and possibly as late as the end of August.

Depending on the cost of the facility, the minimum number of full 3-day participants would range from 10-15.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nic Scheelings

Now this is what I'm talking about, been so jealous of all the other guys. I know plenty of people who would be interested in attending, and I'm more than willing to try and suss out a venue, I think my own gym would suffice but if not I'm sure I could find somewhere else.

By the way Roo steaks rule!

Good luck Demus, it will be well worth the effort to make it happen! Even the most advanced people at the seminars go away humbled by the amount of solid practical information they got.

Hmm, I wonder what ticket prices are to Australia... I want Kangaroo steaks :)

My friend, Australia is much more than just Kangaroos......we have a wide range of exotic animals that are delicious.

Roo steaks are great! It is one of the leanest and tastiest meats available, and for some reason It's really cheap too.

Nicholas Sortino

My friend, Australia is much more than just Kangaroos......we have a wide range of exotic animals that are delicious.

Well, I am a lifetime member of PEETA - People Eating and Enjoying Tasty Animals, so this sounds excellent. I've always wanted to go to Australia, although I doubt I will make it this year. This next feb-Sept is going to be rather busy for me, and I certainly would want to come out for more than just the few days of the seminar. I wish I had stayed longer in Mallorca, but I was in Japan the week before, and it was thanksgiving the following week, so there wasn't really any free time to stay and be a tourist.

Adam Bodestyne

Bumping this thread to register my interest as a 3-day participant, and to see if anyone else who may have been interested missed this thread before it fell. (I also emailed Coach directly, if that's what we were supposed to do..)

Also registering interest.

Thanks in no small part to Greg Corsiglia, there is growing desire and aptitude in Victorian Gymnastics; evident through athlete performance and coaching practice.

Beyond this, the philosophy of cross-fit is being fast adopted by many, and a community is budding with practitioners from all avenues.

I think this can be quite successful.

I have emailed Coach directly, but I will post here as well, I would definitely be an attendee if we can make this a reality.

Just a quick update. Currently there are 8 people on the Australian GB Seminar interest list and several facilities possibilites.

Nice to hear that Greg Corsiglia is doing well. He is an acquaintance of mine from back before he went to Australia and a very good coach.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 4 weeks later...
Nic Scheelings

Hi coach,

Any further updates about a seminar in beautiful Australia (trying to sell it :))?

• 2 weeks later...

Add me in!

Any of you guys live in Melbourne? Im looking for a gymnastics facility where i can train.. or somwhere that has P-bars or a place that has extended dip bars, a place to hang rings, and has a rope/a place to do towel pullups. Crossfit gyms come to mind, but they are expensive and id want to train GB not crossfit.

Also it would be awesome if we could meet up and train somewhere

HUGE interest from me for all three days. I'm based in Tasmania (the main gym here is fantastic), but I'll travel anywhere else in Australia.

• 4 weeks later...
Adam Bodestyne

Well, it has been almost a month since the last post in this topic; hopefully my bumping it back into the active topics list will not be regarded as too obnoxious.

Are the people who have previously expressed interest still interested/able? How many are willing to travel if it can happen, but not in their own state?

I am still willing and eager, and will travel anywhere in Australia for it, if necessary. (c: (unless it suddenly materialises in the next month, in which case I will be out of the country, and will release a Big No scream of despair.)

Gavin Strelitz

Yip, I'm still good to go and could travel almost anywhere to be there. I would prefer Sydney, but Melbourne or Brisbane would be fine.