Hey Guys/Coach Sommer,
I'm trying to figure out which Dips variation to progress to that will help me most with achieving my current strength goals.
I've been doing regular body weight ring dips for the past few weeks now (rings parallel to each other not turned in), and I'm at the point where I can do 3x10 with very little rest in between (probably about 2 minutes for the whole 3x10 incl. the rest between sets), perfect form, and explosively. Simply put, they've gotten really easy.
My current strength goals (for upper body) on which I've been working for the past few months are: Front/Back Lever, Planche, Freestanding HeSPUs, Pike Press HS, V-Sit.
Should I increase the difficulty by adding more weight and just doing them the same way, or should I increase the difficulty by transitioning to RTO (Rings Turned Out) Dips? Which variation will give me more "bang for the buck" in terms of developing the strength necessary in order to reach my goals faster (at least the pushing strength ones)?
Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated! Particularly if coach Sommer would be kind enough to give some input I would be over the moon!
Thanks for reading! ![]()
Roman