Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to drink coconut milk?

Svend

Okay, so this might be a stupid question. :( I've been thinking of adding coconut milk to my PWO-shake to add some fat. Now, the coconut milk I find is not very liquid at all and therefore quite hard to drink. :?

Do I add water or am I looking at the wrong product?

Sometimes the 'milk' and the 'fat' is seperated in the can and you just need to get it all out and shake it well... I don't find I have to add water as most brands already mix 60% water with 40% coconut milk

In 'Fakta' they have these 140ml coconut milk cans for like 4kr.

Thanks guys! Actually it seemed I just had to stir a lot. Whenever I've been using it for cooking I figured it just became liquid when heated - I didn't realize that there was actually a bunch of "milk" in the can too :)

Btw Razz, I actually just bought a bunch of small 165 ml cans with 62% coconut blend and 38% water for 3 kr in Netto, if that's of any interest for you.

John Sapinoso

in the Philippines coconuts (buko) are 15 pesos per coconut or around 30 cents US or 1.8 kroner, I love this stuff. you can bargain it down to 12 for 100 too [=

Not sure if this is always the case but I found that the organic kind very rarely gets fully solid and needs anything more than just a little pre-shake.

Daymn nice Tsoonami!! Here I can buy coconuts for 4kr but I doubt they're even near as good.

Alexx the organic stuff sometimes has some kind of organic 'anti-solidifier' in it, maybe thats why :P

svend: I'll have to check it out

I've been thinking of adding coconut milk to my PWO-shake to add some fat.
You could just use coconut flour, I use it in cooking. Dessicated coconut would work but would be sort of gritty.

• 5 months later...
Rikke Olsen

Get a hand held blencer or heat it slightly (but please, don't put metallics in a microwave...)

Other than that, I say "ice cream", hands down. (Even PWO - just prepare it before hand :lol:)

Mix the coconut milk with a pinch of salt (makes it less bland) and add vanilla, chocolate chips, nuts, cinnamon, mint - pretty much whatever. There's tons of recipes outthere (on the web, lol).

I find it palatable, even without freezing, with just pinch of salt, vanilla and stevia/other sweetener. Chocolate is NEVER bad, though :D

Oh, btw! It's possible to make your own coconut milk from shredded, dried coconut. http://www.tropicaltraditions.com have a recipe. A 1:2 ratio of coconut:HOT water, blend 2-3 minutes on high speed, strain in cheese cloth or something simiar.

As I don't have a blender (but one on its way!) I don't know how well it works (yet) but I'll report on it.

Quick Start Test Smith

I find it more and more palatable if I shake it up really good, add a little water (something like a 2:5 water:cocnut milk ratio), and gulp it down.

in the Philippines coconuts (buko) are 15 pesos per coconut or around 30 cents US or 1.8 kroner, I love this stuff. you can bargain it down to 12 for 100 too [=

Wow! Nice!

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.