Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RAW paleo

John Sapinoso

John Sapinoso

Anyone tried it? I've slowly been weaning myself towards rarer and rarer meats and eventually want to go raw. Id love some feedback if anyone has experience in this with gymnastics training.

Jonathan Nasman

The main benefit is higher nutrient density in raw form because the food has not yet been processed by heat. Any heat above 104-110° will cause some loss of nutrients on a micro and macro level. In some cases though, cooking a food can aid in digestion.

Alvaro Antolinez

Allthough I love raw meat (ex. Steak tartare) I think the flavour improves when is cooked a bit, also I feel it takes less time to digest, but this is just an opinion. Let see the facts if somebody knows! :)

Jonathan Nasman

The only research I've done is experiential. When I eat less cooked food and more raw food I feel better. While I think science and research can be important, it only matters up to a point. The best way to know is to try it for yourself and see what works for you. Ultimately what matters is how you feel. While there are certain basic guidelines, everyone's body is different and will respond differently to different diets.

I don't eat 100% raw anyway. I eat about 70% raw and have found this balance to work quite well for me.

The best way to know is to try it for yourself and see what works for you. Ultimately what matters is how you feel.

Not necessarily. A persons capacity to fool themselves (placebo effect) is quite strong.

There is plenty of research that shows how certain essential amino acids are easily destroyed by heat therefor, in theory, eating raw allows for more nutrient absorption and quite a few people are deficient in certain amino acids. There is speculation that eating raw fruit (who cooks all their fruit?) is more than enough to support the small amount nutrients that get destroyed during heating in other foods. There is also no research done on the subject of 100% raw eating and I doubt they will ever be done.

Raw fish is delicious though. Love raw fish can't stand it cooked but raw beef I'd be too concerned with parasites and I am not about to start flash freezing all my beef so it can be eaten raw without the worry.

Interested to see how tsunami's diet progresses, keep us updated.

Nicholas Sortino

I generally don't eat fish anything more than smoked. Cooked fish is bland and bores me. I will destroy some sashimi though. I can't wait till Japan in 2 weeks. I am gonna eat Yokohama outta fish.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.