Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PB XR HB garage gym

swarovski

hi all,

I really wanted to get into this new regimen, but as I don't have any other space available that the one in front of the garage door I had to find some ideas. Here what I came up with. It's working very well for me. Hope it can help.

mygaragegym

PB (Parallel Bars, actually a dip station)

I used three-ply formwork panels as is the only cheap wood panel here in switzerland plus some shovel handle stick and few screws because the most important thing was to make it foldable, cheap and practical.

Better to have a carpenter with some professional tools to make this, I did it myself but using a jig saw it's a hassle. Make sure to saw the gaps as wide as the exact width of the panels. Height of gaps has to be half of the transversal panel for both the transversal panel itself and the handle panels. Chose measures that fit your body size and allows you a full dip (handles panel height should be at least from shoulders to knees and gaps distance on transversal panel just a slightly more than shoulder width).

I drilled holes in two different size the biggest one as the screw head half way into the handle stick (to have screws to get deep enough into the panels) and a smallest one a bit less than the screw width and as deep as the screw length. If you don't drill holes, panels or handles might crack.

XR (Rings)

make sure your ceiling is a concrete slab before hanging yourself on those anchors.

Buy 2 Fischer Eye Type Shield Anchors and 2 carabiners (that can go through the anchor's eye of course). Well, just use a good drill for concrete (you need to drill smaller holes first).

HB (High Bar)

I made one from a wood pole, it's like a fat bar, but was the only thing could suit my situation.

Not many useful tips here, I guess.

Parallettes

strong PVC pipes (of the right size) aren't available here, though it'll cost less to have it shipped from US...

So once again I had to make some myself using those shovel handle stick left and some other wood. It was a hard work to make the right shape cut.

I'll check here from time to time to see if anyone needs some more details.

Enjoy.

Very creative solution for the PB bars! Nice. the only question is will they work for swinging dips, Do you have leg clearance?

nah, if I had enough space to manage such massive equipment, I'd have built something resembling real PB, just like slizz did.

I do swinging and skill work on apparatus at the gym (that's also why I've enrolled a class), still I needed a dip station for BtGB progression.

thanks, that's why I've taken the time to post it, it was nothing I've seen around so far.

That is looking very good! The parallettes looks like they have a bit of wide diameter though, how does your wrists feel when you lean forward for planche?

thanks, sharing my "garagemade" dip station was something I owe to this forum.

@razz

at my current level I only use it for dips and L-sit, planche work has yet to come, hopefully soon.