Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hungry All The Time!!

Jay Guindon

Hey guys, as of late, the last three weeks, I have found that I have a ravenous hunger that cannot be quenched. I am hungry all the time, even 30 minutes after a meal. I dunno what is up. I've heard that dehydration can be mistaken for hunger but I drink lot's of water. I also have no reason to believe that it is some sort of leptin regulating problem as I've been back on track strict paleo for the last month and a half. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might cause/alleviate this? The weird thing is that my girlfriend has been experiencing this for some time too. This leads me to believe it's possibly a dietary issue but we both eat so much it doesn't make sense.

Post a sample menu of an average day. That's a starting point.

Other things, are you new to paleo? Sleep patterns? Stress levels?

- If your pee is slightly yellow.. Need more water

- All Paleo: Depends if you are getting enough of good Veggies / Fruits or not - Sometimes body needs more than just Protein/ Fats and Carbs... there's more complex stuff in NATURE and its foods that might be missing

- Might be lack of "satisfying" carbs / fats. Some foods (on the forum e.g. of Coconut Milk/ Cream recently with Protein powder) have a nice "satisfying" flavor. If you are depriving yourself of any Flavors big time.. its possible.

You could be a high Pitta body type (I am) and hence I feel hungry all the time as well. Look up Pitta type & foods that satisfy.

PS: One thing more... Worms. If you got the wrong kinda gastro-intestinal worms they can make you feel hungry all the time. The Ayurvedic practitioner I went to suggests that one needs to flush the system of the worms every 6 months. To that note, I need to go get a checkup and do a flush as well.

Thanks CrashnBurn good info in there. Definitely have to look into worms.

As far as the meal outline here's my day yesterday.

Breakfast:

6 slices nitrate free bacon

4 omega 3 eggs with lots of parsley

4 cups leafy green with homemade raspberry vinagrette

Lunch:

2 cups Grassfed sausage soup with tomatoes onions carrots and organic chicken broth

4 cups leafy greens w/homemade rasp.vin.

Dinner:

Full organic avacado

6 oz grassfed stir fry beef marinated in lemon and herbs

1/4 cup fried onions

1 cup luna and larrys coconut milk ice cream cappucino flavoured.

Snack:

cup of red grapes

That doesn't look like enough animal fat, if you ask me. Fat is the magical satiety macro-nutrient that will keep you fuller for longer.

Try eating more eggs (and maybe less bacon - nitrate free bacon still contains boat loads of salt) for breakfast, and more meat for each meal. My rough guide is that meat should be 2/3rds of the meal, by volume.

EDIT: Also... ice cream? Drop that fast. Paleo-alike-frankenfoods are not paleo

I am veg so I cant really advise on the meat front. By a quick look it seems you're not getting enough complex veggies..They help give the body a "complete" feeling. I could be wrong depending on how much you're having.

Specific suggestions:

Some walnuts / almonds and good Olive oil to that salad?

Maybe some nice Bell peppers (its fresh juicy & crunchy texture makes it more satisfying)... maybe some Flax/sunflower seeds?

Add some Avocado to the salads.. (avocado's buttery texture makes for a great satisfying / filling item)

PS: I dont know if I saw any fruit?

Maybe some nice Bell peppers (its fresh juicy & crunchy texture makes it more satisfying)... maybe some Flax/sunflower seeds?

Add some Avocado to the salads.. (avocado's buttery texture makes for a great satisfying / filling item)

This also strengthens my point about fat. Nuts, olives, oils, and avocados are all very high in fat. See, even the vegetarian agrees with eating more fat :)

Joshua Naterman

Fats are great. I am so sad that I wasn't eating more like this earlier in my life...

You know, the fact that your girlfriend has had this AND that you now have it means you may want to get tested for intestinal parasites. Both of you. How much would it suck to get rid of yours and then somehow pick them back up from her?

This also strengthens my point about fat. Nuts, olives, oils, and avocados are all very high in fat. See, even the vegetarian agrees with eating more fat :)

For 1000s of years Warriors and Yogis in India have survived & remained fit..fought wars.. and been aged to 100+ years.. without the so called 50/100 year old Laboratory science that dissected foods into Fats, Carbs & Proteins..

First these laboratories made you got Fat free, then Carb Free.. People in the WEST... are driven by FADS.... Now its PALEO... oh! lets eat like a caveman.. because Gieco says so.. :P

.. guess whats coming next.. Protein free diet.. Yes.. why? I've had people recently diagnosed with issues where are not ALLOWED by doctors (yes this is in the US.. and even in India) to consume ANY protein. (I don't remember the specific name of the issue but its related to urea/ uric acid/ bones etc)

People will also say good fats vs bad fats.. That is also a stupid stretch. ... Trans Fat is not natural.. its not even a bad fat... it is BAD.. chemistry operating on Good.. God & Nature made foods..

BALANCE & MODERATION:

Ayurveda - 5000 year old physical & mental health science talks about BALANCE & MODERATION in literally EVERYTHING it talks about... It doesnt ban anything, and it doesny madly PROMOTE ANYTHING.

In fact, it has documented Pros & Cons of EVERY FOOD.. and talked about applicability of that food for different body types in different conditions & scenarios...

The less processed it is the better it is.. doesnot mean you eat Kidney beans RAW.

Then again.. in balance.. everything in balance..

You can have mouthful of bananas and avocadoes... by the fist

Do the same with Walnuts.. and its not gonna be the best for you...

It talks about Cows Milk as 'GURU' for strength & growth.. (Proved by old strongmen.. in India and abroad.. and recent

Wrestling World Champion... who is Lacto-Vegetarian)..

But the same milk is to be cut-back for certain types.. body, situations, quantity or into yogurt..

Honestly, the last 30-40 years ...Multinational Corps & Lobbies who love CHEMISTRY & PROCESSING have messed with the American and Western Food & Medical & Pharma systems so badly that.. pretty much everything & every experiment... of Atkins, South beach, Fat free, Carb Free ... or Paleo .. or even "Fanatical" Raw food is what I would call..

UNBALANCED & NON-MODERATE.. pseudo science.

Doesnt mean that these cant work.. Doesnt mean they are wrong.. But doesnt mean they are ALWAYS right.

Eat Fresh, Eat less Processed, Eat Organic, Eat as per your Body type .. Eat as Naturally as possible .. (as much as possible - Yes.. It does mean you can STEAM or SAUTEE or STIR FRY .. Broccolli.. But dont DEEP FRY it in LARD)... and stay away from Fancy American Food Packaging & Variety... Its pretty but its what messed with American Health.. including HFCS (as a filler in everything).

PS: SORRY.. Not here to argue... I felt like sharing ... Dont want to debate or Prove my word as the HOLY GRAIL... Just my experiences and realizations. Rest... To believe or Not to believe... thats your choice.. (Matrix Style) :D

Ok, this is a bit of a long shot, but it strikes me that none of your food is chewy. A quick google tells me that chewing has been shown to induce more satiety per the same amount of food, and it makes sense that Grok would have to really grind his jaw to get through any decent amount of raw meat or veg. I'm sure you've experienced rare steak or heart and notice that conversation grinds to a halt between mouthfuls(not you C&B :wink: ). Why not try some whole meat+veg minimally cooked with whole olives/coconuts etc ?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... archtype=a

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16875704

Ok, this is a bit of a long shot, but it strikes me that none of your food is chewy. A quick google tells me that chewing has been shown to induce more satiety per the same amount of food, and it makes sense that Grok would have to really grind his jaw to get through any decent amount of raw meat or veg. I'm sure you've experienced rare steak or heart and notice that conversation grinds to a halt between mouthfuls(not you C&B :wink: ). Why not try some whole meat+veg minimally cooked with whole olives/coconuts etc ?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_o ... archtype=a

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16875704

So I tried drinking more water on a daily basis and for the last three days I have not been as hungry as usual. It hasn't been ravenous, it's gone back to normal so maybe this whole time I was just dehydrated. I'll keep doing this and see how it goes.

I found the chewy food idea humorous and maybe it's true but I chew my leafy greens like crazy to break them down as much as possible to extract as many nutrients as possible so it actually takes me twice as long to eat salads as meat.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.