Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Solid Diet?

PirouettePal

I've never been the type of person that has developed a schedule for herself. I don't eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (all in that order) as much as I eat when I'm hungry or when food is readily available. I'm not an over-eater, but sometimes I find myself forgetting to eat because I'm so busy or I'll scarf down food (that same day) like a mad man. The issue I'm having now is that if I set myself up with an eating schedule (breakfast/lunch/dinner), I find myself OVEREATING at each meal. Lots of people have simply told me "well, don't eat as much." Yeah. Easier said than done.

Basically, I want to know the "meal schedule" of you guys. What do you successful athletes eat during the day to remain energized and trim? What foods/drinks do you recommend? What should I avoid? What has the most protein? Etc. Etc.

Thanks, guys!

Unless you mean carbs, I wouldn't bother making cortisol over "surplus" food. It will improve your recovery (and your mood if you are anything like me).

Here's how I eat anyway.

7:00 or so

Wake up

(training if it's sat/sunday)

eggs (+evoo if I'm feeling particularly hungry)

12-14

meat(usually tinned salmon)+salad(generously dressed)

1530-1730

Offal+veggies(tin of tomatoes+onion+whatever else I can find)

19-20

Meat+veg

Fish oil here and there depending on the fat content of foods, and whether the label says NZ. Water all of the time (I carry bottles in school, and a pint glass for home use).

I find that this tides me over when I'm training normally, but the minute I try to step up the volume it all goes to piss. Right now I'm awake at 6:00 having gotten up at 2:00 and having eaten several sausages, carrots, tomatoes and a dollop of EVOO. Although this doesn't happen to most people who are happy with 3-5x/week so I wouldn't worry too much about it...

As for what food/ drink I would reccomend: Meat, veg,decent fat source + water (add coffee, a teabag or lemon if that's too bland, possibly water you've cooked veg in). If you're not low carb/paleo, don't say we didn't tell you so(number one health tip is the thread to read)

That's about all I can think of for now...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.