This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

start from scratch

Started by swarovski, September 13, 2010 · 179 Replies · 14,773 Views

swarovski

21-09-11

mor: 10' assisted asian squat (wide, medium, narrow), 3*30 sumo squat, 30-15-15-15-15 adductor flies and 2*45sec + 3*1:00 split level 6 stage 9.

eve: gym class. first time muscleup-forward roll and muscleup to support. not performed with flow but still a new skill...

23-09-11

mor: 10' assisted asian squat (wide, medium, narrow), 3*30 sumo squat, 30-20-20-20 adductor flies and 1*45sec + 4*1:00 split level 6 stage 10.

lunch: mountainbiking through the fitness trail with some FSP, FBE and rope jumping along the way

I think I'll stop logging here.

I will eventually update from time to time for new accomplishments, if ever...

My strength levels have decreased probably as a consequence of a shifting in training focus. Since my involvment with the rugby team has started I've found myself not able to keep up with more than 2 strength trainings a week, not enough to progress.

As a matter of fact I've failed on Front Lever, back in May I set myself to reach the full lay by september. Probably I haven't focused enough to accomplish it. Apparently I haven't progressed in this regard since then, even if FSP have always been in my strength trainings.

Anyway, After a year of logging I have to say that it hasn't paid off as thought, in the end I like the old paper diary better.

BUT I will come back for GB WODs when I'll be able to perform them as Rx'd. For the time being I just can't be bothered with scaling or finding alternatives because of lacking space/equipment.

ok, that's all folks...

thanks for reading.

swarovski

I haven't been logging for a couple of months now, not that I've accomplished much to notice lately though...

After 10 weeks of side splits training, I had to quit it because of hip pain, weeks after and it's still a no go. Shame I was very committed to it.

Sprint training is going better, achillis tendon seems fine and I'm enjoying good sessions at the track during lunch breaks.

Gymnastic training is a bit stagnating, progresses are very slow on front lever, much slower than they were on back lever, which I can now hold for 5-7 seconds full lay. I'm also working on front inlocates, but it still seems impossible....

Anyway, above all I'm pretty fit and feeling very good lately.

swarovski

I'm now at 5 strict MU, think I'm ready to start training wide MU.

CU7wDtknyjw

swarovski

if anyone is interested here's where you can follow my log from now on.

my new log

Edward Fraser

Cheers Swarovski,

I'll take a look, I've always learnt a lot from your log/posts.

Nice MUs by the way