Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Workout for max results

Kiyoshi

I been doing my own workout, and I decided im giong to do the WODS also. So I will do WODs before my workout

ok, so is it okay if I do as much of my workout as I can (its pretty hard) but not be able to do it all. Will that still give me max results, since I'm training to near failure/fatigue. For instance If i got 15 pullups to do, but cant do all 15 and stop at 12 because Im too tired. Will that give me max results? How best to get max results?

How much rest should I have between sets? Whats better, doing less reps with less rest. Or more reps with more rest?

Also about my workout , I do all major exercises in one workout with little rest. (I'm just concerned with this part of my workout) So one day, I will do pullups,chinups, back lever, front lever, handstands + handstand pushups, assorted pushups, FSP, squats, OLS, lunges, etc.

1. You will never get max resuluts, because this exsist only in theory :wink:

2. You can do WOD and your workout together if you are prepaired to it and if you continue with smart training (probably won't be same as it is now).

3. If you have 15 pull ups to do and if you only can do 10 or 12 then your workout is not set correctly.

4. It's ok to go to the failure once a while (once a month or two). Not just for trainng factor but for meassurment to (you can calculate for next cycle how much you can do and how much did you improve).

5. How much reps and rests: this depends on your trainng and on what level of strength training you are (for instance you can do more than 3 victorians in training :lol::lol::lol: ). But in theory more reps means less rest and vice-versa less reps more rest.

For maximal strength it's aproximal 3-5 minutes (so your testorone levels can get up to normal again). Bottom line as you feel (more prepair you will be, less rest you will need for element so it will indicate to rise number of reps or go to harder stuff or rise a volume).

6. I don't hink it's good to have so much exercises in one workout at least not main exercises such as squats, Oly.lift. (watch out on your central nervous system-it will get burn out quickly). Main exercise are to complex to do them with even more complex BW exercises.

In your case I would seperate weight training and gymnastic trainings to diffrent days.

So I want to do a OAC, Planche, Side Lever,Hspu, and increase leg strength (for vertical). I also want to work cardio into atleast 2 of the sessions. Will shuttle runs suffice?

I can only Train on tues, thurs, sat , sunday.

I'm also doing the WODs.

How would you program it, just let me know what body parts, pressing, pulling, etc. high reps

But I want to do pull ups and pushups as often as possible. Also I want to do core work atleast 2-3 times, and legs as often as possible

Ex:

Tues:

pullup (high rep)

pushup (high rep)

core (high rep)

Thurs:

pullup (high rep)

pushup (high rep)

hspu (high rep)

Sat:

pull up (low rep)

push up (low rep)

core (low rep)

legs (high rep)

etc.

Is it really that bad if I mix the exercises together? I'm never too tired or fatigued the day after. I know its a good workout, cause I sweat and can barely use my arms/ legs after it. I have made good results this way. Its just like how the statics, its okay to mix them and do them all on the same day everyday.

Anyway just let me know what you think

... I been doing my own workout, and I decided im giong to do the WODS also. So I will do WODs before my workout ...ok ...

At this time you are not advanced enough to be training twice per day.

My recommendation is to focus solely on the GB WODs at this time. If necessary, additional specialization can be added at a later date once you have established a solid foundation.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer