This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Brandon Green's workout log

Started by cccp22, September 8, 2010 · 52 Replies · 4,106 Views

cccp22

Hello All,

Anyone who would like to critique my workout log is more than welcome.

My present routine is Steady State Cycle 4 training days per week(M,T,Thr,Fri). I am 5' 10" at 255 pounds,50 years of age.

I train all six FSP's(planche,FL,BL,manna,L-sit,straddle-L) each training day aggregate time 60 seconds.

Ater this i do the FBE's divided into push,pull,legs,core. More details tomorrow(pharmacology included).

Brandon Green

cccp22

Ok,

On push days after the FSP's i do XR dips 5 sets of 3, XR supports 5 sets 0f 15 seconds, XR PPP 5x5 and then

plank position tricep extension 3x 10.

Brandon Green

Joshua Naterman

Nice! It's good to see you starting a log!

cccp22

Hello,

Pharmacology plan - Leucine 20 g per day,b complex,C-2 grams a day, Bromelain(as needed based on inflamation levels),

Citrilline/Malate- 2 scoops before training.

Brandon Green

Razz

Interesting you're starting a log, you've got me as a reader :D

cccp22

Hello All,

Pull day- All FSP statics then Dumbell Pullover(straight arm)3 x8-12(100 lbs.),Seated cable row 3x8-12( low to abs), face pull(ala evolutionaryathletics.com), Eccentric chin up close(4in.) grip (30s x 1 rep x 8 sets), wrist curls,wrist ext. 3 x 8-12,iron mind gripper work(at home).

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello,

Have added one arm fat man pull ups to pull days. Reduced FSP's to press or pull related workout for that day.

Press related FSP's -planche-frog stand and handstand only on press days; front lever,back lever and l's on pull day.

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello

Have added "jumping" Russian dips to my push day 1, push day 2 is FSP's and explosive type gymnastics ala Ido Portals

West side barbell ( not the same ones, ones that are appropriate for my ability level-Swinging dips,double clap push ups etc.)

For that matter on pull day 2 i use "dynamic" exercices- kipping pullups etc.

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello all,

I have a question? I ham having a real hard time with pull ups and i need some help. Grease the groove does not seems to work for me.

Brandon Green

Razz

What is your max pullups and when you were GtG how many sets x reps where you doing per day?

cccp22
Razz said:
What is your max pullups and when you were GtG how many sets x reps where you doing per day?

*************Sad to say my max pull ups are 2 and during Gtg 1 and 5 sets!

Brandon Green

cccp22

************* hello all,

Sorry that it's been a long time since i posted. I am taking a new supplement called ERASE from Orbit nutrition.

They had a show about it at superhumanradio.com. Being 50 years old it has done quite a bit for me as my anabolic state has increased tremendously by "erasing" estrogen. At 250 pounds my Korean dips went up to 10.

Same basic workout i have been following but making faster progress. Can do 1 single rep in wall planche which at my weight is

pure h. Have included depth jumps on "power" leg day(as opposed to strength day) because my joints seem better able to handle it.

Brandon Green

Joshua Naterman

Very nice! Koreans are tough, even with my wall spotting trick.

I would go by the Poliquin article for your pull ups, because you will honestly make your best progress with that program. It's basically the same thing I used for my pull ups when I was getting ready for BUDS, and it works fast.

cccp22
slizzardman said:
Very nice! Koreans are tough, even with my wall spotting trick.

I would go by the Poliquin article for your pull ups, because you will honestly make your best progress with that program. It's basically the same thing I used for my pull ups when I was getting ready for BUDS, and it works fast.

The only thing i do differently is that i change the type of pullup/chinup each session-day 1 neutral grip,day 2 overhand wide etc.

Brandon Green

Joshua Naterman

That works, and cycling through 5 grips twice each workout will work too, whichever you are happiest with!

cccp22

Hello,

I am now doing single leg wall back iso squats as well as hanging knee curls on my strength day for lower body.

Brandon Green

cccp22
slizzardman said:
That works, and cycling through 5 grips twice each workout will work too, whichever you are happiest with!

*********** In the same vein does rowing one day and pull ups or chins the next significantly effect one pullups/chins?

Brandon Green

Joshua Naterman

I think so, but I can't say that I have personally experimented with that very much. I used to do vertical and horizontal pulls on separate days, but they were always pretty well separated like Tuesday and Friday. With that kind of separation I didn't feel like there was any negative impact.

cccp22

Hello all,

Did horizontal push/vertical pull workout the other day. Wall planche pushups 1rep x 6 sets(god these are hard), chin ups 1 rep x 7 sets, hanging l-sit 10s x 6 sets. Vertical push/horizontal pull the next day. HeSpu against wall 5x5, supported Russian dip 1 rep x 3 sets. XR Bulgarian Dip 5x5, XR support hold 10s x 6 sets, PB tuck fl row 3x3.

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello All,

I have decided that for my associates degree "project" i am going to build the ARP!I will of course need to get the legal and

safety issues dealt with. This is well into the future so don't anyone get excited just yet! My xr bulgarian dips are now close

to parallel! Much work lies ahead.

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello all,

How would i incorporate LDISO's with WOD? If anyone has an answer please respond.

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello All,

After having read Slizzardman's responses in "Help designing a training program" i have ceased using a 7 day cycle

and my workouts are more a reflection of WOD's. I do add some work of my own that i think that i need(basically beastskills)

such as ab-wheel,pullover etc.a nd some items that i know from track.

Brandon Green

cccp22

Hello All,

I have added some MAXIMAL strength work to 1 workout in a week. This is a hold at the top of a pullup.

5 sets of 1-2 seconds with a kettle bell attached. This is maximal work each set is max. Is this too much?

Brandon Green

Razz

You will have to feel if it's too much, nobody but you can evaluate that :)