Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can you make a solid nutrition program.

Cody Clark

Hi,

I am trying to design my own nutrition program but I am having trouble with it. How do you get in all the right serving of fruits, vegetables, meats, and all that other stuff your body needs. MY goals are to gain a couple of good lean pounds of muscle not fat, not much about 5 or 10 pound or so. Also what type of vitiamens should I take, right now I take a one a day, bee pollen, and a fish oil are there any other vitiamins I should be taking. What type of stuff should I eat in the morning right not I eat just oatmeal raisians and milk. For lunch I have what ever school give out and for dinner or a post workout meal I have chicken and a salad. Does this cut it or should I be doing more for a healthy diet.

Dude ok, seriously, start reading on this forum and other forums. There are TONS of information out there about the stuff you are asking about. We cannot guide you from square 1 you need to take responsibility for your own learning and stop making topics that asks us to explain you everything before you've even tried to read about it. If you want to be that lazy pay someone to guide you from square 1..

I have read on this forum and nothing has helped me with the question I have just asked and neither have you so if you don't have anything to say besides that dont' say anything

Honestly people are not going to serve things on a silver platter for you, and it's here somewhere for sure. If you can't find it and you can't google it, pay someone for it. It's OK to ask questions but you need to do your own research before asking questions..

Cody, I think it would be helpful for yourself to read up a bit on the subject of nutrition. And I don't mean on the different types of diets out there but on the actual constituents of food (carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins), how the body metabolizes them, and what role(s) they play in exercise physiology and health in general. This will make it much, much easier for you to engage in a discussion on nutrition and it will also help you in making sense of advice that may be given to you by other forum members.

I think most forum members will advise you to eat lean meat, seafood, veggies, nuts, and fruits - and to stay away from grains, legumes, and dairy products. The word 'paelo' frequently pops up in the discussions in the Nutrition subforum. Go read and find out why!

Kyle Courville

I am currently trying to learn as much about nutrition and exercise as possible. I have been searching the internet, books, and studies. I recommend you research the following topics.

-sugar and its effects

-fat and cholesterol(Is cholesterol really bad)

-processed foods(grains, bread, pasta, etc.)

-what mass production does to foods like milk and delicate fruits

-natural foods(veggies, fruit, meat, eggs, etc.)

-best source of natural foods(if you are what you eat, wouldn't the cow be what it ate, the vegetable what its soil is?)

-most importantly how the FDA and medical field works (these systems are f****d up by drug and food companiesin addition to crooked politicians)

Good luck, and the biggest diet change you can make is to eat real foods.

Robb Wolf.

And Mat Lalonde

Also PubMed offers up more information than you could possibly ever need. If you want to know the difference between low carb and low fat go to pubmed and search low carb diets. If you want to know about curcumin and it's chemopreventive effects go to PubMed. If you want to find info on fructose, go to PubMed. It's all there. You can see the studies that everyone is basing there reccommendations on.

Neal Winkler
Robb Wolf.

And Mat Lalonde

Also PubMed offers up more information than you could possibly ever need. If you want to know the difference between low carb and low fat go to pubmed and search low carb diets. If you want to know about curcumin and it's chemopreventive effects go to PubMed. If you want to find info on fructose, go to PubMed. It's all there. You can see the studies that everyone is basing there reccommendations on.

Yeah but most of the stuff on pubmed isn't free.

Plus, Cody is only 16 years old. It's pretty unlikely that his schooling thus far has taught him to discern good and bad research.

Yes I know no one on eath is going to spoon food me through life and that I must look it up on my own so I will using some of the othe info the others have given me thanks.

I must have missed that Cody was 16. He also would then probably not have the money to buy subscriptions/articles, or want to for that matter.

Yes I know no one on eath is going to spoon food me through life and that I must look it up on my own so I will using some of the othe info the others have given me thanks.

Info that you could have found yourself, don't even think you need to use the search function just scroll down the page. And guys look at the latest topics made and you'll see why I wrote like I wrote ;) Cody will not need to know about curcumin and it's chemopreventive effects....

The problem, Cody, is that you need to learn how to research then. Just getting info "eat this this and this" will not help you. Go out there and learn how to research, judging from the posts you've made here you need to learn that :) Over and out, I have no more to say.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.