Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOD participation growing.

Cole Dano

It seems like ever since the last seminar there has been more and more forum activity for each WOD. I suppose Slizz is at least in part responsible with his campaign to promote the WODs.

What i find fantastic is the amount of exchange that's going on as we compile our own take on each WOD. Very little boasting, and lots of sharing. Well i guess it hard to boast when we know what the Coach's athletes are capable of but nevertheless the atmosphere is refreshing for the internet.

There's no real point to this point other than to give a big up to the community, thanks to everyone who's taking part of this online experiment in physical culture, lets continue to support each other in our progress towards our own excellence.

Joshua Naterman

The great thing about communities like this is that we are all humbled by seeing how far we all have to go, no matter how strong or weak any one person is. That makes it easier to be supportive, I think, and the fact that it will take several years to really become proficient with this stuff is going to make it very easy to STAY humble, because we will always remember the work it takes to get to that next level!

I definitely promote the heck out of the WODs, because they are seriously the best thing out there for calisthenic conditioning! They produce truly great results, are fun, and leave so much recovery ability that I'm able to work on strong man stuff, lifting, and the major feats of speed-strength like the 40, the 100, the vertical jump, broad jump, etc! In 3-5 years I will be in elite condition with elite performance in this, and I will be using that ability to not just spread awareness of what is possible but to finally give people the truth, and to do so in an undeniably compelling fashion! It will not resonate with everyone, but I think I have some excellent ideas on how to get this out there to the general public without changing anything, because I think this is perfect how it is.

The GB WODs are like the foundation of my house. Everything builds off of this. Even by itself, this training program is excellent, but just as Coach's athletes are able to build so much more in their skill practice, athletes in other sports can do the same. To start to see strength as a SKILL, to see speed as a SKILL, to understand how much can be done just by re-educating the nervous system brings you to where you realize just how far you can take your body. All the things I have read, practiced, and continue to read and practice have really allowed me to see the truth behind physical expression in its many forms and I believe I can get this spread far and wide. America needs it, and it's time for me to get started. I actually started yesterday on the beginnings of what I think can truly be a re-awakening of physical culture in America, and the GB program is the heart and soul of it, because human movement is where everything starts.

Don't have much to add, except that I agree with you guys. Oh yeah, it would be nice to see more videos - notes of the downscaled substitutions are great, but actually seeing the performance is even better and also allows for feedback on the execution *).

It feels great to be part of this 'movement'!

*) Right now, I'm not filming myself because I feel my setup is quite limited and it doesn't allow for a full and correct execution of several of the exercises but we are going to be moving to another house in a couple of months and I hope to build a small home gym with stall bars, parallel bars, and most importantly: my rings hanging from a ceiling instead of from my door pullup bar. I really feel limited by the (lack of) height and especially the lack of width which hinders the development of a full XR Support (and the ring dip and pushup variations). I keep on bumping into the doorframe.

Neal Winkler

Yes, when everyone came back from the seminar people started doing the WOD's a lot more. It was funny for me because I had decided on my own to start doing them over my own programming a few weeks before that.

I just started seriously doing these this week, and :shock: THEY ARE BRUTAL!!! but they are well worth it.

This is an amazing resource that EVERYONE should use.

Thanks coach!!!

Joshua Naterman

They really are quite incredible. I'm glad that everyone is slowly realizing just how great of a gift these WODs are.

I have a question about the WODS, and this thread is probably as relevant as they come.

Is there any periodization build into the WODs or is it up to the individual to control this? For instance cutting volume by the fourth week.

Fryk, Coach Sommer once posted that his athletes have an easy week every 3 weeks. For many of those fitness enthusiasts following the GB WOD, it shouldn't be a problem though.