Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dairy?

Kyle Courville

Nicholas Sortino
Interestingly, in most states you can buy raw milk for your pet. It is simply illegal to label it for HUMAN consumption. So you could always by your dogs a regular supply of raw milk, get confused, and pour yourself a glass.

True, but even this is hard to find, at least where I live... I would love to find some nice raw goat milk though.

Joshua Naterman

# Virginia Beach: Organic Food Depot, 4301 Commuter Dr. #105, Virginia Beach, VA. 23462. (757)467-8999. Jim and Genny Jacobs. http://www.organicfooddepot.com. They are committed to providing organic and natural groceries and perishables at the lowest possible cost. Pre-order online and pickup your order at our store. All fresh produce is organic. They also carry a good selection of almost real milk products, including Natural By Nature grass fed, low temp pasteurized CreamTop Milk and raw goat cheeses, Organic Valley Raw Cheeses & Morningland Dairy Raw Milk Cheeses. Home delivery available in the Tidewater, VA area.

# Virginia Beach: (Hampton Roads/ South East Va. Area) Holly Grove Farm-- Pasture-fed beef and pork available through Beef Share and Pork Share program. Cow Share program offering milk from your share of the cow boarded on our farm. Hormone and Antibiotic free farming. For more details or answers to your questions please contact them by e-mail hollygrovefarm@juno.com , Website: http://www.hollygrovefarm.com

# Virginia Beach: The Fullness Thereof, Maureen J Anderson, (757) 721-9687, thefullness8@cox.net . Goat milk, kefir and cheese shares.

It seems like these would be good ones for you, I don't know VA well enough to say what else is close, check that initial link!

Nicholas Sortino

Thanks for the links. I already get a lot of stuff like pastured eggs and low-temp past. grass-fed milk through that first one. I've looked at the second, but until my wife gets outta the army and moves in with me, I am not investing in a cow share since I am gone too often.

Last one doesn't seem to have a web page, but I may give them a call to see if they sell raw goat milk for pets.

Joshua Naterman
... Most importantly lactase is killed off at 115(I think) which is critical for the processing of lactose.

This just blew me away, along with the fact that we're destroying most of the other nutrients in our milk by trying to "make it healthier." I hate current industry practices and bone-headed legislators who don't want to approve raw milk for human consumption. Oh well, I guess I'll just let my dog have it... :lol:

To give a slight positive historical story here.. from my Grandad..

Back in their village in pre-independence black & white movie.. British Colonized era of India.. They were local merchants/ traders and one time a batch of their PISTA aka Pistachios, ALMONDS and some Dry Fruits went kinda bad..

So him.. my grandad & his brothers as kids sorted and ate as much as they could and a bunch of the rest was FED to the cows..

Believe it or not.. he says for a week or so the Cow milk.. was wow! ... You wouldnt need to add any sugar and the taste and quality of the milk was phenomenal.. :D.

Imagine that!

PS: Feel good story over.. we can get back to ranting :D.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol I agree with everything said, the only thing not mentioned is that skim milk is also incredibly unhealthy, I think the reason was that the cream and the main part of the milk balance out eachother. if you take away some of one, it will become unhealthy

Nicholas Sortino
Lol I agree with everything said, the only thing not mentioned is that skim milk is also incredibly unhealthy, I think the reason was that the cream and the main part of the milk balance out eachother. if you take away some of one, it will become unhealthy

Skim milk tastes like white water... I don't know how anyone could drink that shit.

On a rather funny note, I was looking a milk company's website and there was some lady on there complaining that they didn't make their "Omega 3" milk in a fat free version. How freaking dumb are people these days?

Skim milk tastes like white water... I don't know how anyone could drink that shit.

On a rather funny note, I was looking a milk company's website and there was some lady on there complaining that they didn't make their "Omega 3" milk in a fat free version. How freaking dumb are people these days?

Only as dumb as all the manure they've been fed all these years.

Nicholas Sortino

True, but it annoys me that they don't realize that is "miracle product" called Omega 3 is a fat. Because God-forbid fat could be healthy. Sadly the only reason extra omega 3 is even healthy is because of how jacked up our diets are to begin with :(

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wish I could supersize the :lol: !

HAHAHA omg that is the funniest and dumbest thing to date! "Can I have some omega 3 fatty acids but without the fatty acids please?"

Anyways lately I believe I've noticed increased mucus due to milk. Scotty hagnas mentioned this and I think I've noticed a pattern aswell.. but who knows, I'm going to try without for a couple of days and then once I get some milk next time see if the mucus comes back. It's not the first time I've noticed this btw, but I keep forgetting to block out the milk to ensure that is the cause.

Nicholas Sortino

Try goat milk. Very few of the problems associated with cow's milk is found in goat milk. It is more digestible, fat is naturally homogenized (smaller globules), and it has more vitamins and minerals. Honestly, I don't know of any real advantages to cow's milk other than the cream is easily separated for making things with.

I personally think it tastes better too.

Fun Fact: Goat milk is the one milk that can be safely fed to all nursing mammals, including dolphins. It is also the most widely consumed milk around the world for humans.

Hmm I doubt I can get goat milk anywhere in Denmark. We don't have all those fancy things unless there is a market for it..and well with milk being THE essential thing in any Danish person's diet and virtually noone being lactose intolerant goat milk does not sell. Anyways if I find some I'll surely try it :D

For Razz & Nicks posts:

Ayurvedas take on Milk. Read carefully.. Also, there are way different notes for Curd/Yogurt & other dairy products.

Ayurvedic practitioners recommendation of specific dairy products are made as per your body type after diagnosis (usually Pulse diagnosis). (Weather effect is also taken into account to balance your system.. PS: Razz - Are you taking your Milk cold or warm?)

Milk (Dugdha, Kßhíra)

Energetics: Sweet/cold/sweet VP- K+ Highly

sattwic. It is invigorating, increasing the dhátus.

Actions: May be taken in larger quantities than other

dairy. It is a tonic, rejuvenative, nutritive, aphrodi-

siac, calmative, laxative

Indications: Nourishes plasma, skin, all tissues (es-

pecially shukra dhátu). It is a tonic for the lungs

and stomach (reduces bleeding from these sites).

Milk calms dry cough and dry throat, fever, and

thirst. It is a mild laxative with ghee. For Pitta con-

ditions. It is excellent for the children and the eld-

erly, debilitation, convalescence, nourishing the

brain, nerves, mind, and memory. Boiled milk

builds ojas, promotes sleep (with warm nervine

herbs). Boiled, it reduces Váyu and Kapha. It pro-

duces semen.

Cows: Promotes longevity and rejuvenation. It

helps strengthen emaciation after injury, increases

intelligence, strength, and breast milk. It is a natu-

ral laxative, relieves exhaustion, dizziness, toxins,

difficult breathing, cough, severe thirst and hun-

ger; chronic fevers, urinary, and bleeding disor-

ders. It promotes auspiciousness. Cows’ milk is

said to be the best of the milks.

Goats: Easily digested and heals pulmonary TB,

fevers, difficult breathing, bleeding disorders and

diarrhea.

Contraindications: It is damp and can weaken agni.

It generally contains residues of inorganic fertiliz-

ers, antibiotics, steroids; and is homogenized and

pasteurized; and comes from mistreated cows.

Thus, inorganic milk may cause side effects. Dairy

allergies may be due to these inorganic substances.

However, allergies may also be caused by its heavy

nature. Do not take milk at night, unless it being

used as a laxative or calmative. Then boil and use

the appropriate herbs and oils. May cause colds or

rheumatism. Goats Milk has a warm energy K- VP+.

Antidotes: To remove the heavy nature of milk, di-

gestive herbs such as ginger and cinnamon are sug-

gested. This may alleviate allergies.

AM—aphrodisiac

Noon—KP-; digestive stimulant

PM—for children, calmative, laxative

Surface milk is good for all three doßhas The foam

is good for all three doßhas

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.