Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with dieting for abs.

Cody Clark

Hello

Does anyone have any nutritional advice that will promote a lean but very very strong body one of the problems I have is I like to eat fast food and those cereal bars. I know that won't help me with my goal of a powerful upperbody. Does anyone know a good diet that promotes gaining a little lean muscle mass im sick of looking at my abs and just seeing basically skin. Im a big beliver that abs are made in the kitchen does anyone have any tips for me. Thanks

There's a multitude of things you can do, starting with reading the threads in the Nutrition subforum. You will find that most people here advocate the 'Paleo' style of eating (in a nutshell: lots of lean meat, fish, nuts, veggies, and fruits - no grains, legumes, and dairy products).

Step 1 is to stop eating all that fast food crap.. then you can decide on a specific type of diet afterwards...

• 1 month later...
Step 1 is to stop eating all that fast food crap.. then you can decide on a specific type of diet afterwards...

I have to agree with Razz you have to stop eating crap. You have to want them bad enough, no half-a$$ed effort. Once you've done that the Milary.com website has some great stuff on fitness and nutrition that can be very beneficial with effort. Some links that'll get you started: http://www.military.com/fitness-center/military-fitness/nutrition/archive

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/six-habits-for-six-pack http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/achieving-washboard-abs. The information is very useful. Make sure to eliminate ALL white flour products and refined sugars. I can't stress this enough.

Aaron Griffin

• [*:dkr6kvwa]Stop drinking soda. Diet too. Cut it all out.
    [*:dkr6kvwa]Eat more meat. 2/3rds of each meal should be meat.
    [*:dkr6kvwa]The rest of your meals should be filled with fruits and veggies.
    [*:dkr6kvwa]Snack on fruits, veggies, and nuts.

That's a short list, but it will get you 90% of the way there.

Nicholas Sortino

Eat a lot of meat. If you can get grass-fed the fat is the best part for you. If you can't you still shouldn't worry, your body needs the fat. Lean meat isn't necessary unless you prefer it (but then you still need to get plenty of fat somewhere). Eat a good amount of leafy vegetables. Other types of veggies are fine occasionally, but shouldn't be in every meal as they are much higher is sugar and starches. Fruits should be an occasional treat, not necessarily every day. Berries are the best bang for the buck in terms of low sugar content and high nutrition. Nuts are only an occasional thing as well since they are usually pretty carby and generally very high in Omega-6s (with the exception of a few nuts). Peanuts are not nuts.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.