Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post your PRs and best achievements

Razz

Great work everybody!

After incorporating some Side Lever Negative Pulls in my workouts over the past weeks, today i tried the Human Flag.

And I was really surprised that i'm suddenly able to hold it for a couple of seconds.

mlJXjRWUQjc

I'm wouldn't say I think of anything I do (training-wise) as 'achievements' - I'm too much of a beginner. BUT I'm very happy to say that today I did my very first HeS Pushup (starting from the bottom position in HeS, without momentum). And it was actually pretty easy. I remember that I couldn't move even a millimeter not that long ago. Although I've been lurking/semiactive on the forum for a year I haven't trained seriously until I started doing the WODs in early July and this is definite proof I am getting stronger!!

It's a small step but for me it feels like a giant leap :D :D :D

Joshua Naterman

Nice! I am beginning to be able to do freestanding HeSPU, which is pretty sweet! I'm pretty thrilled with everything though. My standing broad jump is now 9 feet or so, and I may well be at that 10 foot mark by January. I don't have a good way to measure vertical, unfortunately.

well not the most exciting things gymnastic wise, but I did my first full lay back lever, muscle up, and 10 second freestanding handstand in the past month

-other things I'm proud of:

28 second freestyle 50m

5:30 Mile

-and I learned to do the butterfly fairly well this summer =)

• 1 month later...

Here are my 3 latest achievements that I am rather proud of :twisted:

Human Flag, 1 1/2- 2 Seconds (That thing KILLS the...Well...EVERYTHING!!!)

Pike Press HS (Strangest thing, I got this before I got my straddle anyone know why?)

Almost no assistance SLS (Awesomeness, a couple weeks ago before I went to bed I just started doing 2 SLS on each leg, now I am almost able to do the without assistance on both legs :D )

I started consistently doing handstand holds against the wall just a month ago, and saw my freestanding time jump from a shaky 5-10 seconds to a more consistent 20-30 seconds without doing any specific freestanding work

Thought i´d post my small achievements here so i can check back in a another year and see how i´ve improved.

Begun training BtGB style 11months ago, instantly went and bought rings also. I used to lift weights and play icehockey, but i had a 2year break from almost any kind of training before i got into BtGB.

At the moment im proud that i´ve improved my free handstand from zero to about 25-30seconds. Also, i got my first muscle-up just last week, and also started training handstand in rings, 6x20sec. holds per session (not freestanding, legs in straps). About a month ago i also got my first real solid back lever (10sec.), and freestanding HS pushups. I´m also very glad i got into this type of training cause im pretty sure it helps my BJJ a lot!

And of course from the mirror looks a whole lot different looking myself nowadays. Lost about 8kg, and my upper body has grown a LOT! And first time my abs are looking really good. Im now 84kg, 175cm and bodyfat is about 10% i think. I also started eating alot healthier way - got rid of almost all the carbs and been eating a lot of protein and fat along with the huge amounts of veggies of course.

I think i owe Coach and U guys here at the forum so much cause his book and this forum really changed my life. I found my love for training again! So thank You guys!

Only thing negative is that i had to get rid of all my shirts to buy new ones cause my delts are like basketball halves nowadays! ;)

• 1 month later...
Troy Rodriguez

Just found out yesterday that I can now do an easy RLL piked from HeS free. That was unexpected...

Also I can now pull myself from prone into free HeS with piked RLL and back down to prone 10 x. No idea what to call this but it seems to work a tons of back muscles. I should record it and see if you guys think it is worth doing the whole movement or not.

Alessandro Mainente
Damn, nice Alex!

thank you...i have to be honest, i saw on the web the video of jordan jovtchev who explains some ways o do some skill, i saw that in every muscle up he use no false grip!!

so i've tried it and i understand that a great part is tecnique and, of course, strength!

with no false grip, i don't have tu pull on the front, but on the side like a wide grip MU, and try to pull more down than your sternum, the transition is the most difficult part for a question of grip!! when you pull at your sternum simply lift up the elbow until you arrive in the low position of bulgarian dip...during this phase roll foward the hands a little bit...

is more a problem of remember eveythings...

if you can do widegrip MU on rings very very slow (at least 15-16 sec) and bar MU with no kip or swing...perform the MU with no grip becomes more simple!

i tried it ONLY 1 time and i did it! trust me!

Had some success with tuck planche press handstands (from sitting, to make sure I don't start with my hips above my shoulders), though in progressions I'm still on straight arm frogstand