Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Studies proving benefits of >4g fish oil

Razz

Hello

Title says it all. Basically I'm looking for studies that show a benefit of consuming more than 4g of fish oil/ day. Reason being there are studies showing a reduction in T-cells from high dose fish oil and I'm looking for some documented reason to take a higher dose. Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Neal Winkler

If you search my name for "fish oil" I link to some studies on high dose fish oil. I don't recall the link myself. I will let you decide the results for yourself.

Jay Guindon

I have a thorough review of fish oil studies that might have the info you're looking for. The author lists all the studies he looked at in his reviews and there may be one or two on high dose fish oil. If you are interested you can pm me your email and I'll send it to you.

Guest Ido Portal

When working on linking research to the real world, one needs to realize some collective-linking-conclusive work will need to be done. It is rare that research will serve you the information you are after on a gold platter, in the wrap of your choice.

Try finding quality studies on the effectiveness of parachutes. You will fail. So, does it means you will not use one next time you are jumping out of a plane?

In this case, one needs to join conclusions from studies on the effectiveness of fish oil in lower dosages, studies on the omega-3 to 6 ratios in ancient cultures, a better understanding of the effect of omega-3 consumption on cell membranes and real life experience of some well known coaches and nutritionists to draw the final conclusion: high dose omega-3 CAN offer huge benefits in SOME cases.

Ido.

Thank you, Ido. That confirmed pretty much what I was thinking. On a danish forum however one of the more recognized guys came with these statements and I wonder what your comments are to them? (I ask because I trust your knowledge more than his, so don't misunderstand me :wink: )

"high dosage fish oils lead to a decrease in thrombocyts which leads to an increased bleeding"

"The free radicals can oxidize and lead to cancer"

and he even goes as far as saying fish oil doses at 30-40grams can be lethal because too much epa/dha will make cells more vulnerable to oxidative stress which leads to cell death and cancer..

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.