Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Online Nutrition Seminar: Mat Lalonde

Jay Guindon

Jay Guindon

For anyone who is interested, this is a seminar by organic chemist Mat Lalonde on the paleo diet, or more accurately a diet that closely resembles the paleo diet. Mat has done his homework and has tonnes of studies to support all the claims he makes in the seminar. It is highly scientific. You also get to keep all the slides so you can have all the studies he uses to make his case. I watched it and felt it was definitely worht my fifty bucks. Here is a trailer if you want to see a small excerpt.

http://podiumlive.com/crossfit/index.ph ... icle&id=16

• 6 months later...

Nevermind, got an email reply and I'm now registered. No better way to celebrate my hopefully successful anatomy and physiology exam?! :D

Yeaah I thought that should tease people enough to be real interested :P Well basically he says that both omega 3s and 6s are pro inflammatory, but omega 3s are much less inflammatory. Therefore he recommends instead of the high dose fish oil for sick people, to eliminate the amount of omega 6s instead.

I've personally had so many benefits from fish oil that if that's true, i'm going to keep taking it. (but i don't really believe it)

Yeah but if that benefit came from altering the n6-n3 ratio, then an even better way of altering that ratio may be by decreasing n6 consumption. Sounds like a valid hypothesis to me at least. Certainly a cheaper solution too.

Joshua Naterman
Ok so this is HIGHLY recommended!! Guess what guys, Omega 3s are also inflammatory!

Interesting. I wonder why they are considered anti-inflammatory. I always wondered about this since apparently all polyunsaturated fats are inflammatory, so it was strange to me that omega 3 was not. Any more detail on this one?

Well they're just less inflammatory than the other PUFA which is why people consider them anti-inflammatory. Not so much more detail that I can share without having to copy/paste slides from the seminar which I'd rather not do. No offense I'm sure you understand :) It is well worth the money in my opinion though, Mat seems to reeeeeeeeeeeeally know his stuff.

Man that kinda gets me. Its a fair amount of money to lay down, find the time to watch etc....

I'm having a tough time with this one, i'd really want to hear some other respected folks agree with this claim on the fish oil. Its just too fringe for me, and then those terms, raises flags for me, sorry.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.