Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cold Treaments and Remedies (not spam)

Edward Smith

Edward Smith

Hey Everyone,

I've caught a bit of a cold. It's not too bad. I was just wondering whether anyone had any treatments for it apart from plenty of rest, keeping warm and sleep. I've heard conflicting information about Vitamin C. Also I know Manuka Honey good for colds, anyone have any homemade remedies or any advice?

Personaly im really fond of ice/cold baths or showers.It makes the blood flo faster wich flushes the body with new blood/nutrients.I take cold showers when i get sick and after ever workout.Works for me

Something that seems to help me when I get sick is eating a lot, like a lot. Other than that and the above mentioned things you've gotta just man it out =) as for sweating it out, it probably depends on how you are trying to sweat.

George Launchbury

Ha, ha ...conversely I have found the opposite to be true. I find the reason that I only want to eat crisps and chocolate when I'm ill is because that is all I have an appetite for - ergo I am not actually hungry, and therefore shouldn't need to eat.

This idea is backed up by a few articles I read ages ago regarding old-school medical practices of fasting when ill/injured. This is also seen in the animal kingdom. The main entry point of nasties into the bodies is through the gut, so every time you eat, there is an immune response ...and if your immune system is dealing in part with your digestive system, it's not fully focussed on your illness??

Have a search round the subject ...it's quite fascinating.

Cheers,

George.

Edward Smith

Well I was talking to my mum (ex-nurse) and she pretty much said rest and don't wear yourself out with high activity levels. She was saying that when your worn out (from exercise) your systems don't work as well, which makes sense to me and I've always thought that as well, not backed up with any scientific evidence or studies just personal experience. So that seems to go along with what your saying George.

Hopefully getting well soon,

Ed

Edx

I like to fast when I'm feeling a little sick or have a cold. It gives my body a chance to heal without the drain of having to digest food all the time.

That's very interesting, thank you guys. My families response to a cold has always been the "feed a cold" method. next time I'm sick gotta try eating less.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.