Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Homemade Parallettes

Cole Dano

I finally had a chance to do a few building projects. I'll show here first the parallette system i came up with.

The great thing about it besides being cheap is it can be completely disassembled a fit into a corner when not in use.

When put together its absolutely solid. To do dips i put the system on chairs and it works very nicely.

My next step is to build a full height set which will integrate into my wall system which i will show here when i get it done.

Lastly i figured i'd include a photo of myself doing an L-sit with the bars. No need for critique, i know how much work i need to do already. I just thought it would be nice to show myself as so many others have here.

yuri marmerstein

those look very professional

I was expecting the typical PVC ones but this is a pleasant surprise

Those look awesome!! I made some PVC parallettes but hit a slight problem. These seem pretty weak when I put full bodyweight on them (I'm 80kg - 177lb). When I looked into it it seems that the PVC we have here in the UK isn't up to nearly the same quality as the stuff you guys stock over in the US. So there doesn't seem to be a lot I can do about that.

Mr Brady could you perhaps give us some more information on how you made your paralettes? and does anyone have any idea how to make any more simple parallettes for the less gifted craftsman?

First off thanks for the props! I appreciate it.

It took me about three days to get them together, along with a couple of other projects i did simultaneously. Most of the time went into figuring out the best way to do it with the materials and tools i had on hand. About once a year i just have to make something with my hands. I also made an adjustable handstand platform and some hand standing blocks. I'll post that soon.

The same design could be made in afternoon no problem. If you can find a lumber yard that will make cuts for you then you could make the whole thing out of a few stock size lengths of lumber. A 2x4 for uprights, flat moulding for the bracing and side bracing guides, and a 2x2 for the side bracing end pieces. Of course a 47mm dowel for the bars them selfs. You'd still need a drill for the bolts and i also glued all the joints.

I used M 10 carriage bolts to put it all together. Thats so i can easily put it away in the corner, which in my small space is a must.

In the one i made, i used some plywood that i laminated together for the uprights, but really just a 2x4 will do the job. Add a piece at the top to mount the bar. I guess the trickiest part would be the half holes for the bars. I drilled the holes first and then cut the uprights from the same sheet. If you don't have a big hole saw i'd just cut the ends of the bars flat with a hand saw and add a couple more carriage bolts.