Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Imbalance Top to Bottom

Collin C Lenzi

Collin C Lenzi

Hello Gymnastics Bodies, 

I'm nearing two months of consistent practice, coming in with a decent level of athleticism and training from different modalities (yoga, lifting, martial arts). I love the program! 

My upper body is developing very integrated strength and new levels of shoulder mobility. However I'm finding that my lower body, legs are diminishing quite rapidly. I'm also noticing back pain - primarily low back pain though it ranges, I think as a result of the excessive upper body development without comparable or integrative lower body conditioning. So much tucking of the hips and tailbone under for core stability, without development of glutes and thighs appears to be creating compression in my spine. 

What would you recommend to mediate this situation? What type of cardio do you recommend with the program? I sit a lot during the day for work, so without adequate lower body exercise the diminishment of my leg strength is happening at an alarming rate. 

Thanks, 

--Collin  

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Collin C Lenzi said:

Hello Gymnastics Bodies, 

I'm nearing two months of consistent practice, coming in with a decent level of athleticism and training from different modalities (yoga, lifting, martial arts). I love the program! 

My upper body is developing very integrated strength and new levels of shoulder mobility. However I'm finding that my lower body, legs are diminishing quite rapidly. I'm also noticing back pain - primarily low back pain though it ranges, I think as a result of the excessive upper body development without comparable or integrative lower body conditioning. So much tucking of the hips and tailbone under for core stability, without development of glutes and thighs appears to be creating compression in my spine. 

What would you recommend to mediate this situation? What type of cardio do you recommend with the program? I sit a lot during the day for work, so without adequate lower body exercise the diminishment of my leg strength is happening at an alarming rate. 

Thanks, 

--Collin  

Hi Collin, it seems to be more concerned with balance. i mean that if you sit a lot...you must balance it especially if you sit with bad posture.

legs strenght especially at the hips extension reduces the amount of stress on the lower back because it assist the lower back muscles. so for cardio is not the best solution.

i suggest to spend at least 10 sets a week on the posterior chain of the lower body.

Collin C Lenzi

Okay thank you Allessandro. I’m following the fundamentals 1 plan. Are there specific exercises that would match with where I’m at in the plan you would recommend? 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Collin C Lenzi said:

Okay thank you Allessandro. I’m following the fundamentals 1 plan. Are there specific exercises that would match with where I’m at in the plan you would recommend? 

When you have somethine for posterior and anterior chain for the lower limbs you are fine..