Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting started and which one is the right for me

Ricardo Silva

Ricardo Silva

Hi everyone, hope you all doing well. I have joined this week and have a few questions doubts in regards to the program I should be doing.

I took the quiz and the results showed I should start with intermediate 1 which I was quite pleased. However after doing 2 days of the intermediate I have a few questions. 

If one doesn't have a lot of mobility and flexibility, which is my case, should be still be doing this one? Or is better to start from beginner?

I can def see an improvement (in 2 days!!) with some of the stuff I have done and maybe I am just being overly cautious however for example on the 2nd day single bar shoulder mobility I was not able to do the German hang pulls with lack of mobility in shoulders. 

another question i have is the number of set in each exercise. in each it shows from 1-9 (and within this there are several sets). So in total we end up doing around 30 sets per exercise, While I think is great my issue is here the timing i spend on each tranning day. I have around 1.30hr to do each session and doing all I will not be able to complete it in less than 2.30hr/3 hours. 

Is there a minimum number of sets one should aim for? I would love to commit to do as much as possible but have to be conscious on the time I have available. 

Thank you for your time and replies. 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Ricardo Silva said:

Hi everyone, hope you all doing well. I have joined this week and have a few questions doubts in regards to the program I should be doing.

I took the quiz and the results showed I should start with intermediate 1 which I was quite pleased. However after doing 2 days of the intermediate I have a few questions. 

If one doesn't have a lot of mobility and flexibility, which is my case, should be still be doing this one? Or is better to start from beginner?

I can def see an improvement (in 2 days!!) with some of the stuff I have done and maybe I am just being overly cautious however for example on the 2nd day single bar shoulder mobility I was not able to do the German hang pulls with lack of mobility in shoulders. 

another question i have is the number of set in each exercise. in each it shows from 1-9 (and within this there are several sets). So in total we end up doing around 30 sets per exercise, While I think is great my issue is here the timing i spend on each tranning day. I have around 1.30hr to do each session and doing all I will not be able to complete it in less than 2.30hr/3 hours. 

Is there a minimum number of sets one should aim for? I would love to commit to do as much as possible but have to be conscious on the time I have available. 

Thank you for your time and replies. 

Hi Ricardo, it sounds strange to have this elevate number of set, can you post here one screen of your workout for the first day of the week.

meanwhile if you tight in the shoulder you can skip some elements without problem.

Ricardo Silva

Hi Alessandro, 

Thanks for your prompt response. I have attached a pic of today's workout. As you can see I have step 1 of 9...i am assuming is to go through each one of this in each session? this is how I end up with some many reps as each of these 9 steps, then has several sets.

As for the shoulder, got it. So based on the Quiz I have done and the results I got, I shouldn't be worried as with time flexbility and mobility will increase as i go along?

Thank you 

845580873_Screenshot2023-03-23at00_32_43.thumb.png.b2c831c5b3d88d21be67a1f8216a6907.png

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Ricardo Silva said:

Hi Alessandro, 

Thanks for your prompt response. I have attached a pic of today's workout. As you can see I have step 1 of 9...i am assuming is to go through each one of this in each session? this is how I end up with some many reps as each of these 9 steps, then has several sets.

As for the shoulder, got it. So based on the Quiz I have done and the results I got, I shouldn't be worried as with time flexbility and mobility will increase as i go along?

Thank you 

845580873_Screenshot2023-03-23at00_32_43.thumb.png.b2c831c5b3d88d21be67a1f8216a6907.png

HI Ricardo, the mobility has nearly zero effort so you can count as active rest. the total strenght work per session is 13 sets that is quite balanced.

This session can be done twice a week for now.

Ricardo Silva

hi Alessandro, 

thanks for your reply.

Unless I am counting this wrong, each of the 3 strength exercises has 9 steps, correct? so 9*3 is 21 steps. On top of it, each step has several sets in each of them, so quite different from 13 sets?

I just want to know how to read the program correctly.

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente
35 minutes ago, Ricardo Silva said:

hi Alessandro, 

thanks for your reply.

Unless I am counting this wrong, each of the 3 strength exercises has 9 steps, correct? so 9*3 is 21 steps. On top of it, each step has several sets in each of them, so quite different from 13 sets?

I just want to know how to read the program correctly.

Thank you.

Each step has prescribed numer of sets x reps. once you have completed a steps you log the in the course portal as "don" and then the system will move authomatically to the gollowing step. IN a training session only one step x exercise is performed.

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Ricardo Silva said:

ahh got it...man I was doing the 9 steps in one session!lol Thank you

maybe a BIIIIIIIT to much!

• Like 1